ArchCare - Good place to work! | Glassdoor

"Good place to work!"

Former Employee - Security Officer in New York, NY
Former Employee - Security Officer in New York, NY

Pros

Higher pay than most places for this position.

Cons

No advancement opportunities. Very old facility.

Advice to Management

Employees should not have to work a full year to be paid Holiday pay and get vacation time.

Other Employee Reviews for ArchCare

"If you Work Hard you can Succeed"

Current Employee - Encounter Data Revenue Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Encounter Data Revenue Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at ArchCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The wages are fair, but with few people, its alot of responsibility. Depending on your supervisor, you can have a good or bad experience, i was lucky to have one who supports the staff and makes the office good. Human Resources department makes every attempt to have a fun company, multiple events and out of office activities that are great for networking and having fun. In the Heart of midtown at union Square, transportation are plentyful.

Cons

Lack of communication between departments
    Office Politicis

Advice to Management

Work on a Communication System, hard to succeed when each department speaks a different language

2. "Generally a Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ArchCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve worked at ArchCare for almost 2 years. I do not work in a management position. The salary is competitive related to the market. My management is awesome! (Even though this is not a popular opinion among ArchCare employees.) They teach me more about the healthcare industry and things related to my department. There is no micromanagement and I have been given reasonable deadlines for any work assigned to me. ArchCare offers benefits like tuition reimbursement (and a 20% discount with Monroe College), health insurance (if you join a wellness program, it reduces your premium), dental and vision coverage. An incentive program where employees can receive recognition and cash “care coins” in for prizes. Plum benefits for additional discounts. As well as discounts on bills with certain phone companies. Reasonable time off and flexibility to use it. Offers online learning courses through Atomic Learning (Microsoft Office courses and other skills to use in real life) and an internal E-Learning website which you can also access from home. Co-workers are usually friendly. Free coffee, hot chocolate, tea, napkins, utensils, and office supplies are provided. (Sometimes back-ordered.) Management occasionally buys breakfast, or pizza for the staff. Other events are also sponsored by management (most recently a Superbowl party.) I’ve also been to other ArchCare sites, where residents seem happy and have a clean and safe place to be. This is probably the biggest reason I would recommend people be part of ArchCare and what they do in the community.

Cons

Union Square office does have a history of critters (employees sent home and paid for the time - for immediate fumigation, no confirmed cases of anyone taking them home). The environment can get a bit loud since the shared office space is crowded together and most people work on the phones. The bathrooms are often out of order (ArchCare is working on replacing the toilets). Employees are usually unhappy and very vocal about it. (To be fair, these employees have been here much longer than I – and are still here. Seemingly no plans on going anywhere anytime soon.) IT department sometimes takes a long time to fix issues around the office.

Advice to Management

Employees who feel heard are usually happier employees. Workshops for leadership, as not everyone knows how to communicate efficiently with their staff. Please help HR get back to employees in a timely fashion, if at all. Job duties need to be more clearly outlined, so no one feels like they are going “outside of their job description” when something needs to get done. Facilities need to be better taken care of.