Argo Group - Extremely bad experience. | Glassdoor

"Extremely bad experience."

Former Employee - Senior Claims Examiner
Former Employee - Senior Claims Examiner

I worked at Argo Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits and my immediate coworkers are the only good things about the company/office.

Cons

Micromanagement. I cannot say much more than has already been said on this site relative to the reviews labeled "very dissatisfied". In my 26-year career, this by far, is the worst company for which I have ever worked. There are two others that are a close second and third. Upon my reflection of these three companies, I realized the problem with them and it was all MICROMANAGEMENT.

Advice to Management

The only advice that I can give is for management to LISTEN. Many of us have talked until we are blue in the face and it makes no difference as they really do not care. The only thing that management cares about, even local management, is money, whent it lines their pockets.

Other Employee Reviews for Argo Group

"Horrible treatment of employees by India/China outsourcing of jobs and high turnover"

Former Employee - Management in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Management in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Argo Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Healthcare Benefits, new offices, free health screenings and flu shots.

Cons

Aloof CEO and Executives that use the public company as a personal playground with lavish parties and trips to international luxury destinations. All the while expecting their employees to do more with less and shareholders to accept minimal stock value appreciation. This company exhibits what is wrong with corporate America by outsourcing skilled and talented claims, underwriting, IT and audit positions to India.

Advice to Management

Don't put your personal bonus desires above treating employees fairly and stop the massive turnover by hiring VPs with compassion, fairness, and open minds to accepting others who may be different from themselves.

2. "Good years in the insurance business"

Current Employee - Underwriter in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Argo Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They had a good b benefit package, my manager did not micromanage.

Cons

They pulled the trigger too quickly after implementing a strategy without allowing time for results

Advice to Management

non