Argo Group - Good People, Bad Company | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Argo Group

"Good People, Bad Company"

Former Employee - Auditor in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Auditor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Argo Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was ok. People were good, made many friends.

Cons

The workload, expectations and especially the management.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better, like you actually value them.

Other Employee Reviews for Argo Group

"Just really kind of sad and disappointing"

I worked at Argo Group full-time

Pros

Colleagues all agree, we are in this together and everyone works well together. You feel as though they are your only support at times. The Claims Supervisor is one of the best I've ever worked with.

Cons

Claims are extremely complex and were mishandled for years. The Claims Manager is clueless, misguided in his knowledge and frankly is just a waste of space. The interview process is extensive and a waste of time. 5-7 interviews does nothing to guarantee success of any candidate once on the job and does nothing to assure you didn't let the good get away during that process.

Advice to Management

It is imperative in order for Argo Group to succeed that they place truly qualified individuals in management roles and stop the silly interview process. Additionally, do not place Senior Management in roles where they have no experience just because they've been around a long time. Additionally, colleagues need support not an inexperienced claims manager and a senior officer who travels the country acting like a controlling mother hen.

"Extremely bad experience."

Former Employee - Senior Claims Examiner
    Former Employee - Senior Claims Examiner

I worked at Argo Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits and my immediate coworkers are the only good things about the company/office.

Cons

Micromanagement. I cannot say much more than has already been said on this site relative to the reviews labeled "very dissatisfied". In my 26-year career, this by far, is the worst company for which I have ever worked. There are two others that are a close second and third. Upon my reflection of these three companies, I realized the problem with them and it was all MICROMANAGEMENT.

Advice to Management

The only advice that I can give is for management to LISTEN. Many of us have talked until we are blue in the face and it makes no difference as they really do not care. The only thing that management cares about, even local management, is money, whent it lines their pockets.