Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Business first students last

Nov 14, 2019 - ELA Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

The students are incredibly motivated to do well and learn as much as they can in spite of being micromanaged.

Cons

This school fired half of a team in one day then threatened to fire the remaining teachers at a meeting that was called as teachers were on their way out of the building. There is no support for professional development. There are no substitute teachers. Teachers are required to cover other classes, sometimes indefinitely, with no promise of compensation or gratitude from administration. This is not a school where teachers efforts are rewarded. In my own class I had several students with severe emotional impairments who received inadequate support from the school. I worked closely with those students and their families in order to help them make significant gains throughout the school year. I continually reached out for feedback and support and was consistently told I was doing fine until May when they let me know that my contract would not be renewed.

1 person found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love it!

Oct 5, 2020 - Assistant Executive Director in Fall River, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

So great to be part of a collaborative, supportive staff. Even during COVID19, all decisions have been made with the best interest of keeping the community safe.

Cons

Lots of shared spaces, but this should be much better once the high school extension is opened in February of 2021.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee

Pros and cons

Sep 5, 2021 - Teacher in Fall River, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the pros are working with the scholars and some of the staff members.

Cons

Some of the cons are that it can be a very toxic environment for some people and there are many unhappy employees that work there.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Argosy Collegiate Charter School.