Arhaus Furniture - Arhaus is a beautiful, energetic, and challenging place to work that will pay off for those who work hard. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Arhaus Furniture

"Arhaus is a beautiful, energetic, and challenging place to work that will pay off for those who work hard."

Former Employee - Interior Specialist in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Interior Specialist in McLean, VA

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are good at sales and love interior decorating, Arhaus is a great place to be. The store changes every two weeks with endless new products and beautiful and ingenious decorations. The staff is knowledgeable and charming and the customers are interesting - we regularly had celebrities, world travelers, and lots of couture outfits.

Corporate staff regularly visits and buys lunches and treats during big sales. The product is good quality and you'll have plenty of reasons for your clients to buy Arhaus instead of the competition.

Cons

The sales training is helpful but previous sales experience or strong ambition is important to succeed in the job. As with many sales jobs, there is competition among associates, but you'll find coworkers will also help each other.

Other Employee Reviews for Arhaus Furniture

"I'm working at a new place now"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Freehold, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Freehold, NJ

I worked at Arhaus Furniture part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned the ropes the hard way. I was sent out on house calls many times just to give my knowledge for free and my time for free. They didn't screen their customers. I had to close my sales even when the sale was not ready. I feel with what I know now from my new job if I would have let the sale come to fruition I would have gained more of my customers trust. With less foot traffic my sales are higher in a 6 month period. However it was a crash course in sales.

Cons

I was treated like a number. I now work for a competitor, The Store From River Road in Shrewsbury. They are great to their employees . Most of their employees have been with them at least 10 years. Now they are much smaller company, but they pay you for house calls, and they realize that without the sales help they don't have any sales.

Advice to Management

As an employee I need to feel like I own my job and I am not expendable.

"Unprofessional to the CORE"

Current Employee - Schmuck in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Schmuck in Boston, MA

Pros

Beautiful, changing work environment.

Fresh flowers & paint, when budget permitted. Current with color trends & twxtures.

Cons

Constant changing hourly pay rate & commission, long sessions of never ever cleaning, before and after work.
    Store managers & personell from home office are unprofessional and rude beyond belief.
    There are two set on unspoken of rules, if you are not in the in club you can forget about any "STANDARDS" of decent human behavior.
    You can be in the "in" club by kissing up to managers, by betraying your co-wokers or being the store spy. You can be rewarded by causing dissension.

Most of above positve reviews are from the HR dept in Ohio. This is somewhat of a running joke among the in crowd!

Advice to Management

Hire professional, educated work force. Do not reward or reinforce bad or unprofessional behavior.