Arhaus Furniture - Worst experience of my life in the retail business | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Arhaus Furniture

"Worst experience of my life in the retail business"

Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Difficult to come up with a positive comment

Cons

Unprofessional atmosphere in both the stores and corporate. Management is not trained and have no leadership or people skills. Training is non-existent after the corporate trainers leave. Corporate people are rude and treat store people like slaves. Product is not great quality for the amount of money they charge. Customer service is horrible in the corporate headquarters. Delivery issues are not addressed and the customer is left hanging with damaged items and damage in their homes from delivery people who could care less about customer service.

Advice to Management

The owner of the company is arrogant, demeaning and could care less about the people who work for him. That was evident when he visited the store and only spoke to the young salespeople. You need leadership in all areas and a good role model in key positions. Get off your pedestal and find out what is going on in the stores.

Arhaus Furniture Response

Sep 27, 2013 – Talent Acquisition

We’re interested in learning more about your experience with us and other retailers you’ve worked for. Please contact us at your convenience, careers@arhaus.com and we’ll reach out to you directly.

Other Employee Reviews for Arhaus Furniture

"Look for a different place to work!"

Former Employee - Interior Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Interior Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work with some interesting unique pieces of furniture and art objects.

Cons

Management is clueless and treated it's original New York staff very badly. They do NOT belong in New York.

Advice to Management

Get over your big egos and treat associates honestly and with respect. Your behavior towards the original New York Sales staff was disgusting and very unprofessional. WE stayed positive, WE worked hard WHEN YOU DID NOT ADVERTISE.

Arhaus Furniture Response

Sep 27, 2013 – Talent Acquisition

Since the opening, we’ve made the necessary changes to the management of stores and marketing—changes needed for us to succeed in this market, as well as others across the country. We apologize for... More

"Needs to get better"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful products, great people, fantastic store ambiance.

Cons

Too many sales person for few customers. Too much pressure to get job done. You have to clean the store, bathrooms inclusive. Schedule is a joke. Store opens until late everyday and weekends. Salary is ridiculous.