Arhaus Furniture - Corporate's Making Great Money-- But YOU Won't! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Arhaus Furniture

"Corporate's Making Great Money-- But YOU Won't!"

Former Employee - Design Consultant
Former Employee - Design Consultant

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time

Pros

Here' their job description: "Imagine working in an environment full of rich colors, beautiful fabrics, luxurious leathers, down feathered seating, upbeat music, fresh flowers, and unique details while having the ability to earn an unlimited income!"

Cons

Not untrue what they say about themselves in their job description at the beginning, right up to the part where it says 'unlimited income". The income is VERY limited by the following: Which store you're working in and what the spending clout of your clientele is. Look at the numbers before you swim toward the pretty, shiny objects, little fishes. Atmosphere seems nice, but you WILL be the one to cleaning the toilets and mopping the floors. The furniture looks lovely on the floor and you'll believe in it at first and you'll tell your customers how it will last forever. Try convincing them of that when they're on their second re-delivery of a table that arrived at their house (after waiting for over three months), and it's damaged. . . again . . because the warehouse doesn't check these things before loading them onto a truck, not even after there's been an issue with a previous delivery! When your customer cancels the order altogether because they're angry and frustrated, guess whose commission will be genked? Yours, little fish. YOURS!

I'm sure you think it's so lovely that Arhaus is socially aware and that they have built an orphanage in Tibet with their millions. I'm sure those kids are grateful and I don't doubt they need the help. But when you are having trouble feeding YOUR children because you work at Arhaus and made no bonus or perhaps $50 or $100 bonus (which isn't enough, I assure you.) you will start to resent that the millions of dollars of annual profits that Arhaus rakes in each year that are at the expense of their own, very hardworking employees. True, they do offer decent health insurance, which you CAN"T AFFORD unless you have another source of income. And think again, little fish. You'll be in a large tank and swimming around with a lot of sharks. Nice folks to hang out with, but it's shark-eat-shark when it comes to trying to make a living there. You may find little nibble marks where a colleague has just gotten a sale from a customer who didn't have the courtesy to ask for you after you've spent hours working with them for the sale. It happens, a lot. Just as a final point to make. . .the other bad reviews of this company are true. And by the way,I wasn't fired, I walked out behind the countless others because I simply couldn't afford to stay. I was frequently one of the strongest closers in the store, sold well over a millions dollars worth of furniture in the first 6 months I was there, but that doesn't mean I could fix my car when it needed to be fixed.

Advice to Management

I have no advice that Arhaus management would take. When greed drives the machine, no amount of advice will changes things. From their perspective, why fix something that ain't broke, or for that matter, why fix it even if it is broke! I'm quite sure John Reed has never read one of these reviews, let alone heeded any of the advice. If he had, it would be a better company to work for and I'd still be there.l

Arhaus Furniture Response

Sep 27, 2013 – Talent Acquisition

We were saddened to read this review. Honestly, sales positions here or anywhere are competitive and yes clientele, traffic and sales volume varies by store location/market. We do often relocate ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Arhaus Furniture

"Horrific is an Understatement"

Former Employee - Interior Specialist
    Former Employee - Interior Specialist

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful furniture and well put together showroom

Cons

It is just nor a professional company in any way. The interior Specialists have to wear too many hats. They have no receptionist or voicemail system so you have to run to pick up the phone even if you are engaged with a customer. Sales people do not have their own phone extension or email so communication often gets lost making follow ups difficult.
    They have no stock help so sales people have to help customers carry furniture to their cars. Sales people have to collect balances and set up deliveries and maintain customer follow ups but they don't even have a desk to sit at. And if they are standing behind the counter doing their work they are chastised by Management to get back on the floor. They have no up system so it is designed for sharks. They have high sales goals and if you fail to meet them after three months you are fired. They have secret shoppers with hidden cameras. And the worst of all is that the Interior Specialists have to come in an hour early to clean every inch of a very large store including the bathrooms. This is ridiculous since you have to dress professionally. It's not easy to scrub a toilet in pearls and high heels! The managers also sell and provide little support to the staff. The pay can be good when bonuses are made but when they are not the salary and commission rate are the lowest in the entire industry. You get the feeling working there that they do not care about you as a person. The store is a revolving door. There are very few people who last at this company.

Advice to Management

Hire cleaning and stock people. Stop firing good people who work hard and instead invest a little more time in training properly.

"Poor Compensation for Amount of Work"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some good friends and gained some furniture knowledge

Cons

Job described as Salary PLUS Commission. INCORRECT! It was a 100% draw against commission. Store located in a mall. 95% of customers were sightseers. Luck of the draw if you could get a qualified buyer on the UP system.

Advice to Management

Have a true salary and add commission from the first dollar sold. Employees feel lied to.