Arhaus Furniture - Imagine stepping back in time to the 1950's - pretty surroundings - lots of discrimination. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Arhaus Furniture

"Imagine stepping back in time to the 1950's - pretty surroundings - lots of discrimination."

Current Employee - Design Consultant
Current Employee - Design Consultant

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty surroundings - a lot of very good people attempting to make a living in a greedy yet glitzy and pretty store front.

Cons

I was so excited when I started this job -I gave up a perfectly good although dysfunctional job.. I was told a lot of TALL tales during my interview..I sold $350,000 in my first 3 months...then the deliveries came...Approximately 40 - 60% are bad..they call it white glove delivery..however, they do not open any of the containers from overseas until it gets to the clients door...I call them clients because that is how I view everyone I deal with - this is supposed to be a customer service based industry. I do not spend a lot of time EVER writing reviews...this is for anyone who is successful...competent and intelligent. This position is frustrating...unprofitable and I believe illegal. I am never above rolling up my sleeves...but the question is...can this company expect commissioned employees to do their cleaning...we do not get paid! Can they tell us to work overtime...we do not get paid. Expect 7 day work weeks (at least in my store). Can they tell us we have to do inventory when the store is not open and we do not get paid. Can they take us off the floor for a week to do training - off site and then expect us to have the same expected sales goals when we do not get paid? WHAT IS THE EXPECTED "DRAW" RATE PER MONTH 0- IS IT $35,000....$45,000....CAN THEY CHANGE IT MONTH TO MONTH - IS IT PERSON TO PERSON - WHERE IS THE FAIRNESS ? WHAT WERE YOU TOLD WHEN YOU WERE HIRED? IS IT LEGAL TO CHANGE IT MONTHLY?---NOT SURE - BUT I DONT THINK SO - I HAVE ASKED BUT....Don't ask any questions...then you are deemed "negative". Is it legal to require "COMMISSION BASED EMPLOYEES TO DO YOUR DIRTY WORK - ARE WE INDENTURED SERVANTS? If I had the time or energy I would research these things more thoroughly...believe the reviews. there is no money to be made. Management will steal your sales and give them to others on your team, even if that person has never spoken to the client. Don't expect to get lunch breaks during busy time...and don't sit down. I was reprimanded for sitting one day and told not to speak to my co-workers. I am 48 years old - have my own business and was in a "real Professional" job for many years. When I was in corporate management I would never disrespect my employees the way that I have been disrespected here. My work ethic (which is tried and true) has been questioned. DONT TAKE THIS JOB - my bet is that this company will be sued for Unfair labor practices in the very near future....

Advice to Management

If I thought that management would listen - I would offer advice - they are not interested in anything their designers have to say...unfortunately..all communications is "shoved" down from above - I have tried...sadly..

Other Employee Reviews for Arhaus Furniture

"Arhaus is what you make of it!"

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Arhuas Furniture has outstanding growth opportunites for all!

Cons

Arhaus should be treated as a business within a business to be successful. It is a great place for people who are driven and willing to work to make lots of money.

Advice to Management

We love the perks that Arhaus gives its associates. Please continue the wonderful incentives towards success!

"Arhaus is the best furniture company in the world....."

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

As an employee of almost 10 years Arhaus is unlimited in potenial growth, without a doubt the best home furnishing company to work for, no cap on commissions, you get what you give 45k - to way over 6 figures its up to YOU!!!!! after all tell me what retailer takes 50plus managers to Italy and in 2013 London...dont buy into negative reviews from lazy non - selling
    x-employees

Cons

Yes ..we clean our stores as sales associates, Its called PRIDE!!!!

Advice to Management

John Reed knows the biz and is an unbelieveable person to work for, actually the BEST in the Industry.... that is is you like to work and enjoy being sucessful!!!!!!!