Aristocrat Technologies - Terrible culture - made me ill. | Glassdoor

"Terrible culture - made me ill."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

I led a great team of dedicated and talented professionals. Turning them from a demoralised, under-appreciated bunch into a proud and innovative group who started getting the recognition they deserved is one of the proudest achievements in my career. This, and the realisation that management culture needs to be at the top of my list of things to research before joining any company were the valuable lessons I learned.

Cons

The culture was one of cliques and intrigue which made for a very nasty atmosphere. The senior management seemed so paranoid and obsessed with 'bad behaviours' they would believe any nasty rumour anyone decided to spread around. Individuals were targeted and personal attacks were not required to be substantiated in order to be believed. I have worked in a number of companies and this was the most poisonous atmosphere...

Advice to Management

Developing a good culture is about understanding your employees - not just telling them how to behave.

Aristocrat Technologies2016-09-15
  1. "Good company."

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Aristocrat Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay traveling is great too

Cons

Hard to move up internally. A little political.

Aristocrat Technologies2019-03-29

"Company Review"

Former Employee - Compliance in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Aristocrat Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice people, good location, convenient location

Cons

Many rounds of layoffs. Employees were once called in for an impromptu whole building meeting. The CEO said "If you are here, you are still employed." There had been a sudden layoff of dozens of employees. Way to keep morale up, guys!

Advice to Management

There really needs to be a better way to treat employees.

Aristocrat Technologies2019-05-31

Discover more reviews about Aristocrat Technologies.