Aristocrat Technologies - Gud | Glassdoor

"Gud"

Current Employee - Senior Test Engineer
Current Employee - Senior Test Engineer

Pros

You can manage your personal and professional life easily.

Cons

Management decisions take time to implement things.

Other Employee Reviews for Aristocrat Technologies

"It's OK"

Pros

My immediate boss does not micro-manage, which is good. I have a lot of freedom to complete my work the way I feel appropriate, so long as I meet my deadlines and do good work. There are a lot of employee functions, which I know a lot of companies do not offer. Aristocrat also does a lot for the community.

Cons

Highly political environment - not everyone has an opportunity to move around, even if you are qualified, and there is little emphasis on building stronger employees and developing skills. It almost seems as though they would prefer to dump you and hire someone else than invest in educating and training the staff.

Advice to Management

C-level is doing a pretty good job, but senior management still has a lot of old-school thinkers. Dump them if you want to change the culture--culture shift comes with changing your mindset and humans don't change without a really compelling reason to do so.

"So much potential denied"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Pros

they pay well over the median in many roles. It's a highly political work environment and if you have the street smarts you can fail upwardly there in a spectacular way. The game development people are some of the best and most innovative in the industry.

Cons

The politics, the inept and dissconnection of the senior management team with the core business and the product itself, the number of low talent middle managers, the greedy mindset of many of the suits. The footy boofhead mentality of a number of the old guard. The fundamental lack of respect

Advice to Management

Realise that the product is the thing that will create wealth and stability not some remarkable yet undefined business accumen on the part of the sales or marketing team. The whole company should understand the product better. The lead games development guys are getting past their prime and succession plans should be more on the agenda. The golden geese are getting old.