Arkansas Power Electronics - Management | Glassdoor

"Management"

Pros

Small company. Flexible time. Plenty of parking space.

Cons

Management is inexperienced. Medical benefits are not competitive. Financial limitations of a small business. The company does not have a clear direction.

Other Employee Reviews for Arkansas Power Electronics

1. "Great opportunity for me"

Current Employee - Engineer in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Engineer in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Arkansas Power Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm always amazed by the people in this company all around-- some of the smartest, most creative, and generous and caring people I've ever worked with. I've made great friends here. I've been able to work on exciting projects and technologies. I've had great opportunities to advance my career. They offer benefits like tuition reimbursement, great flex hours, and stock options. I've always worked well with my managers and teammates. We have a great reputation as a business.

Cons

They have really tight deadlines for us at times. The company emphasizes stretch targets-- I think things might be too ambitious at times. We need additional resources in some support areas in the business (like HR or facilities management). We're new at the manufacturing side of the business.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful to have a more organized inventory management for the engineering side. I'd like to see more emphasis put on facilities safety where we're dealing with power. University courses and professional short courses are all great, but we could have more internal courses taught by the experienced engineers (I think that would be really beneficial).

2. "Manager"

I worked at Arkansas Power Electronics full-time

Pros

You get the right mentor and opportunities present but too many ineffectual managers and colleagues bind the company to fulfill potential.

Cons

The company needs to quit saying "We are a small business" while trying to court international and major customer accounts.