Armanino - A Glimpse Into AMLLP | Glassdoor

"A Glimpse Into AMLLP"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

For the record, I was with AMLLP's San Jose branch for about a year. It was definitely a decent place to work. You're not working in Disneyland, but they do put effort into making it a hospitable environment, they host employee events here and there that are actually fun, release tension and give a work family environment. Aside from tax season crunch time, I didn't hear of people being turned down for vacation requests or reasonable time off. Management that I interacted with were decent people trying to get a job done while leaving as many people satisfied as reasonably possible. Also their 401k and internal financial planning services were a cut above average.

Cons

Despite the surface pleasantries, there's some under the surface misery from some of the staff. Accounting isn't for everyone, and there was a significant contingent of employees that were in it for the decent pay, but were slowly watching their happiness drain away as the job brought them 0 fullfilment. I heard a few complaints about ability to get a promotion, but I don't think I could personally judge if this was really a company wide problem or an isolated incident or two.

Advice to Management

I really don't have any advice, accounting wasn't for me and I moved on. I think the company does a pretty good job overall, but it's still just a place to work, your mileage will vary.

Other Employee Reviews for Armanino

1. "Armanino Review"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Armanino as an intern

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and positive. Very welcoming environment with hard-working individuals.

Cons

There have been none so far.

"Tax Staff/Senior"

Former Employee - Senior in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Senior in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Armanino full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing at a faced pace through acquisitions. Feel is they want to continue to expand east.

Cons

I only speak for the San Ramon Location. Well about 9 people have left in 6 months so use your imagination. I wasn't a disgruntled employee coming back on here to vent just telling it like it is. I think there is potential within the tax department to become better than how the reviews are currently being reflected on here. However as it currently stands, the culture has changed from everyone leaving the past few years. One reason is that it takes about 6-7 years to go from staff to manager here. A lot of the current managers had to wait a while so they force talent to wait their turn. If partners have issues with staff or seniors they sometimes communicate it through giving zero bonuses or no promotions instead of communicating in person. If you join you will learn in person what issues exist. There are not a lot of firms in the east bay which may be a reason why talent across all levels is underwhelming. If you are talented be prepared to work and if they like you they will compensate you well. At the same time, be ready for some drama.

Advice to Management

Not really sure what they would do with it except ask why it wasn't coded correctly.