Armstrong Garden Centers - Armstrong Garden Center | Glassdoor

"Armstrong Garden Center"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Monica, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

Working outside in a beautiful environment is the best reason. It really feels good to work in the fresh air and amongst the plant life. You also get some exercise in the nursery. Also, not stuck behind a desk all day. Dealing with people on an everyday business in a social environment is also very enjoyable. There are many return customers so there are some nice relationships that can develop there. Overall, the other employees are nice people who do have good intentions, although there are spats between employees once in a while, but I believe that occurs within companies everywhere.

Cons

Dealing with retail customers can be a painful experience. Also, does not pay great, and the need to work weekends.

Advice to Management

I noticed many of the employees who had worked at the nursery had animosity towards the management. Overall, the longer the employee had been there the more it seemed they complained. That is one reason I didn't want to stick around.

Other Employee Reviews for Armstrong Garden Centers

1. "Overall about the company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I have been working at Armstrong Garden Centers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a very relaxing environment. Months from February to July are very busy months which means a lot of overtime.

Cons

It's hard to move up in the company especially if you're a part timer like me. Month of August the hours start to decline until next January.

Armstrong Garden Centers Response

May 26, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Dear Fellow Associate, We appreciate you taking the opportunity to reach out on Glassdoor regarding your experience. I would welcome a direct call from you regarding your concerns about personal ... More

2. "Oh the lies"

Pros

Working outdoors, you get to meet some nice people

Cons

Ask Micheal kunce about the 48 hours episode it was on national tv, wanna try and deny it again and I'll post a YouTube link

Advice to Management

Own your mistakes and quit lieing,