Armstrong World Industries - Don't reward loyalty | Glassdoor

"Don't reward loyalty"

Former Employee - Segment Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Armstrong World Industries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Big company. Great benefits. Company car, laptop, printer, credit card, gas card. Flexible schedule, pretty good pay.

Cons

Top heavy. Too many managers and too much red tape to get anything accomplished. Field reps are not empowered and company is run from inside out. Field reps ideas and needs fall on deaf ears. They fail to pay their loyal long standing employees average to above average for their positions. Other manufacturers trust Armstrong's training but know they can recruit because of the lack of salary they pay. So many conference...

Advice to Management

Empower your sales people to actually sell. Pay your loyal employees more so you can keep good people instead of bringing in new people and re-training. Stop looking at your spreadsheet and listen to the people in each region as to what they need. The channels are not working. No one knows what is going on in each and no one is working together for a common goal. Pay commissions.

Armstrong World Industries2015-09-07
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Manager

I have been working at Armstrong World Industries full-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

there are none I can think of

Armstrong World Industries2019-06-28
    • "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Architectural Specialist CAD Technician in Johnstown, OH

I have been working at Armstrong World Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, excellent benefits, and friendly environment

Cons

I was a manager at a former job, and I desire to be a manager at Armstrong. However, I don’t see that happening in the near future.

Armstrong World Industries2019-06-25

Discover more reviews about Armstrong World Industries.