Army Civilian Service - Excellent Work Environment | Glassdoor

"Excellent Work Environment"

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Schofield Barracks, HI
Current Employee - IT Specialist in Schofield Barracks, HI

I have been working at Army Civilian Service full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great values and great work environment! At my shop, it's one of the few jobs where you actually want to come to work everyday because you enjoy it so much. The work is fun and challenging and the people I work with are like family.

Cons

There's no real way to weed out the individuals that don't contribute the same effort as everyone else to the team. But it does offer a really dynamic team environment and as long as I'm doing my work, my management is happy, which makes me happy.

Other Employee Reviews for Army Civilian Service

1. "A Good Place to Work & Grown"

Former Employee - Staff Operations Training Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Staff Operations Training Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Great place to work in the government sector; it's one of those opportunities you could work long term and retire. Work hours are set by your command and benefits are great; lots of options to save for your retirement. All holidays generally get an additional day off like the active duty. Lots of flexibility on various HR supporting tasks like vacation and sick leave.

Cons

Depending on what command you are assigned you can have good and bad leadership. There are locations where your bosses are completely detached from what is going on day to day, where it could be the complete opposite and it's all your command does is work. Work-life balance can be difficult depending on who and where you are in the organizational structure.
    Employee orientation could be as long as a year out to schedule in some organizations.

Advice to Management

Send your people to their orientation immediately.

2. "Great security if you don't mind multiple Furloughs"

Current Employee - Electronics Technician in Las Cruces, NM
    Current Employee - Electronics Technician in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Army Civilian Service full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, security, and benefits

Cons

0 chance of advancement if you are not willing to degrade yourself to sucking up. If you aren't an engineer by education good luck ever getting promoted no matter what other skills you have.

Advice to Management

Maybe engineers aren't the best money managers, and that is why WSMR runs in th ered tens of millions of dollars every year.