Arnold Clark - Prepare for boredom and bullying | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Arnold Clark

"Prepare for boredom and bullying"

Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Arnold Clark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

company car and a handfull of decent people

Cons

Very long hours ignorant managers and old fashioned culture of psychological torture to get sales execs to meet targets. I was there for a couple of years and the only people making decent money had been there for ten years. When I took the job two years ago the basic salary was £8000, which is probably the worst you could get. They recently doubled the salary but only for new people starting, the current staff were not given pay rise, which is probably illegal, Anyone know? I left because they started employing people with no experience giving them twice my salary. Most of your wages is commision so when you have a bad month you dont get paid much.

Other Employee Reviews for Arnold Clark

1. "Good but quiet at times"

Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Arnold Clark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Uncapped Commission if you are prepared to work for it.
    Comprehensive training.

Cons

Overly competitive environment, stealing of clients etc.
    Basic very low
    Poor career prospects
    Very long hours

Arnold Clark Response

Jun 5, 2017 – Community Manager

Hello, and thank you for leaving some feedback about your time with Arnold Clark. I’m glad you managed to enjoy the benefit of our fantastic commission structure, and noted our training as a ... More

2. "Horrendous company - management team bullies."

Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Arnold Clark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job can be a good laugh, when the management aren't around. You can make money if your willing to sacrifice your life/happiness

Cons

Huge hours, expected to work way over contracted hours. Bullied and belittled by management who are almost all aggressive in their management styles. Commission deductions that mostly outweigh the amount your paid from a sale. Management are without a doubt out to take money off you, you begin to wonder if they are targeted on the amounts. Unattainable targets some months. You don't feel there is any job security as management are constantly threatening to "HR you". Just a generally miserable working environment and nearly ever member of staff at the branch I worked at is looking for another job. Made to lie to customers. Illegal practices in relation to finance documents (signing off site and forging signatures when a resign is required).

Advice to Management

Stop bullying people. Make some effort to retain staff as let's be realistic people aren't exactly queuing up to work for you. Monitor closely your culture of fines as this is undoubtedly verging on illegal. When multiple members of staff are leaving a branch have a look at your management teams, might save you the hassle of recruiting more people.