Arnold Clark - Sales advisor | Glassdoor

"Sales advisor"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Paisley, Scotland (UK)
Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Paisley, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Arnold Clark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None really, money can be quite good & wages are uncapped, but realistically the staff turnaround rate is horrendous. Big company with no idea how to keep customers.

Cons

Unproffesional management at branch level, terrible morale & intense bullying culture within sales department. Managers are unrelible & training structure for new recruits is terrible. Rules are made adhoc and then broken or adjusted to suit when needed. Total joke of a company to work for. Basically the managements opinion is do what they say or they fine your commission bonus without any structure or right of appeal. An undercover reporter would have a field day in the sales department much to the disgust of its customers & senior management

Other Employee Reviews for Arnold Clark

"Prepare for boredom and bullying"

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Arnold Clark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

company car and a handfull of decent people

Cons

Very long hours ignorant managers and old fashioned culture of psychological torture to get sales execs to meet targets. I was there for a couple of years and the only people making decent money had been there for ten years. When I took the job two years ago the basic salary was £8000, which is probably the worst you could get. They recently doubled the salary but only for new people starting, the current staff were not given pay rise, which is probably illegal, Anyone know? I left because they started employing people with no experience giving them twice my salary. Most of your wages is commision so when you have a bad month you dont get paid much.

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in North West (India)
    Current Employee - Sales in North West (India)

I have been working at Arnold Clark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

hmm...let me think....... ........im still thinking..........

Cons

Managers attitude , Treated like a slave, Salary is always lower than should be, No holidays when You want them - company tells when it ok for them, 6,5 to 7 days working anyway.

Advice to Management

Start to respect your workers - Before You trying to even Some sort of " Think Customer " - cant handle own workers.... what to expect when You are a customer...

Arnold Clark Response

Sep 18, 2017 – Community Manager

Thank you for leaving a review of working for Arnold Clark.

I’m sorry to see that you didn’t have a great experience while you were with us. Sales jobs at Arnold Clark are challenging, but they... More