Cover image for Aroq

Web Developer
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Bromsgrove, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I haven't worked at many places, but the 8 years I spent in a company where I was just another number, proved to me that I was going to enjoy working here. I feel valued and that my work genuinely is appreciated by everyone within the business. Having a lunch area with a pool table, wiff waff table and darts board is definitely a pro.

Cons

I can't really say there are any cons, I haven't found one yet. Maybe one con is with the building and the lack of air conditioning during the recently scorching summer, but using the desk fans provided meant it wasn't completely unbearable.

Appreciate the comments on air con - we have considered it. However, we all have different temperature preferences and the air-con units just cooled everyone down or no-one. Whilst not as effective, the desktop fans allow everyone to control their own personal temperature. The technical team is ON FIRE right now with the amount of agile development, tech training days and SCRUM methods.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 4.0
        Nov 19, 2021
        Finance Assistant
        Former Employee, more than 1 year
        Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful people Good work life balance Approachable management

Cons

Globaldata takeover Access to public transport

1. 5.0
          Aug 12, 2014
          Human Resources
          Current Employee
          Bromsgrove, England
          Business Outlook

Pros

People stay at Aroq - 50% of staff have over 5 years service, 25% have over 10 People like Aroq - In an anonymous survey, 98% of people were happy or very happy with their jobs People embody our core values - FIRE - Fairness, Innovation, Respect and Enjoyment People are kept up-to-date - Company objectives, finances and plans are communicated frequently and openly. People are given the tools to innovate - Whether it is new technology, training or coaching

Cons

We are always looking for top talent to work in our offices in Worcestershire, particularly journalists, .NET developers and sales people who take a consultative approach. If you have found us please get in touch!

Thank you for posting! Good to read those stats and hear what it is like to work at Aroq.

Discover more reviews about Aroq.

Want the inside scoop on your own company?

Join your Company Bowl™ for anonymous work chats.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Freelance Graphic Designer

Delta Air Lines How long does it take for you to get a follow up email for an application? I applied earlier this month and just wanted to know. Thanks!

0 Comments

Lamar University

I completed a final interview for a company about two weeks ago. I received a call back from the recruiter and the hiring manager wanted to know if I would get bored with the work load. I told the recruiter that I wouldn’t and was told that I would hear back soon. Is this good??

6 Comments

Project Coordinator

What is going on with this new practice. You apply for a job get confirmation for it etc. And then you get e message directly from the company that you just applied for and they are like if you would like to apply for this position follow this link?! This keeps happening how does it make any kind of sense?

4 Comments