AroundCampus - The internship helped me grow personally and professionally. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

"The internship helped me grow personally and professionally."

Former Employee - Sales Team Leader in Greeley, CO
Former Employee - Sales Team Leader in Greeley, CO

Pros

A large amount of training to help you sell more effectively

Motivation to step outside your comfort zone and become a better person because of it

A tremendous amount of practice selling to others so that you can sharpen your selling skills

Cons

It is hard for the management to spend a large amount of time with each team, and you must rely on your teammates. Therefore, this is a positive and negative aspect of the company.

Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus

1. "Working for UD was one of the hardest jobs I've ever done, but gave me more experience than any other job or class."

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

Pros

UD is great to work for if you are self motivated and a hard worker. You are in direct control of how much you earn, but how much you earn depends on how much effort you put into the job. My managers were great, positive people to work with and it was fun working with people who understand my major and what it is like to be a college student. I made great connections within my community and learned alot about my own character and what I want in a job. They also make sure you get a paycheck every week even when you haven't earned your commission right away. You make your own schedule throughout the day, but always meet with your team to get organized and motivated.

Cons

You are working as a team, but there is alot of individual time spent out on the job. The hours are long, you don't get compensated for expenses right away, and the job involves alot of cold calling. People in the community recieved me well for the most part, but you have to be able to handle the fact that some people will be mean. You also have to handle alot of customer service issues from previous interns.

Advice to Management

The artwork department needs great improvement, I saw little effort being put into the creation of ads.

2. "The best experience you'll never want to have again"

Former Employee - Intern in College Park, MD
    Former Employee - Intern in College Park, MD

Pros

Real sales experience
    Autonomy
    Good training program
    Total support from management
    It's paid which is more than some internships can say

Cons

Extremely monotonous
    100% cold calling is miserable
    It's honestly a bad investment for your customers
    Potential clients treat you like crap

Advice to Management

Don't do print. Make it all about the website. No one wants to buy print advertising anymore. Also, let us know about promotions ahead of time, since that could help to overcome objections and make more sales in the future. Had I known I would have had deals for clients later in the summer, I wouldn't have just accepted their NO's as easily. I would've asked if I could get them a better deal and come back.