AroundCampus - Experience you won't get elsewhere! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

"Experience you won't get elsewhere!"

Current Intern - Outside Sales Representative in Winona, MN
Current Intern - Outside Sales Representative in Winona, MN

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-- Fantastic training program
-- Ability to make your own decisions
-- Real world sales experience
-- First hand experience dealing with objections (this will provide great experience to share during interviews)
-- Work with an entire team of people to bounce ideas/tips/tricks with
-- Supportive upper management
-- Helpful daily webinars with the President, John O'Brien
-- Although you work in a school specific team, there is an entire team back at the home-office willing to help you through any problem

Ultimately, you really have to be (or become) self-motivated to do this internship. You are, essentially, your own boss. It's really an experience like no other, and I would recommend it, time and time again.

Cons

-- It's hard work; expect that. However, a summer with UD will show you some of the greatest sales experience out there for people our age.

Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus

"A sometimes frustrating yet completely transformational experience."

Former Intern - Outside Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Intern - Outside Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

You will learn to uncover the needs of others and solve problems which can benefit both your professional and social life.
    You will develop super-powers such as the ability to start a conversation with anyone, anywhere and an invulnerability to rejection.
    If you go into the internship with an open-mind and the goal of learning these skills, it can be a life-changing experience.

Cons

The pay is terrible. With the amount of work and dedication required to succeed in this internship, you will be making pennies relative to even menial jobs.
    There is little support from managers once you exit their training program and get into your own market. (They will help you over the phone and meet in-person 1-2 times over your 3 months working which I found inadequate.)
    Rejection can be painful if you are not strong-willed and able to move on.

Advice to Management

Provide more on-site support to sales teams. This will not only help reps learn by example, it will increase accountability for sales figures.

"Awesome Experience! Great company!"

Current Intern - Outside Sales Representative in Athens, GA
    Current Intern - Outside Sales Representative in Athens, GA

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome company!! We had the best management team and all of the interns became extremely close. All of our managers were young, too so it was really fun. It's really great real life sales experience, especially since print advertising is a difficult product to sell. If you can do this, you can pretty much do any sort of sales job.

Tons of recruiting from career partners. Also, training was probably the best week and a half of my life!

Cons

Some markets are harder to sell in than others. Not paid for gas and food. Only get paid compensation for money collected by certain date. If you have a bad territory it can be frustrating

Other than that, this was the best job I could have had before graduating.