AroundCampus - Work you to death... | Glassdoor

"Work you to death..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I got to make my own schedule as a sales associate, so that was nice. They also match you with a team that compliments your personality.

Cons

They literally work you to death. They wanted me out and selling any time the sun was up, and sometimes when it was down. And cold calling is not fun, but the company won't embrace any other selling methods.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking of sales as a numbers game... instead of cold calling, there are other more targeted sales methods that might be more profitable.

Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus

1. "Outside Sales Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern

Pros

With this internship one will be pushed to new limits. You'll learn the true value of talking to business owners and building rapport with them. The Sales Academy at UNC taught me more about relationship selling than anything I've learned at my university. If you're willing to work hard, have an affective LinkedIn profile, and properly display to future employers what you did here MOST EMPLOYERS WILL BE WOWED.

Cons

Pay is not great if you don't work hard, so work hard.

2. "Hard work with constant rejections"

Former Intern - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Intern - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

If you work hard every day and do well it can be a great learning experience. Training was a lot of fun but a lot of work. I met people that I still keep in touch with today. Good Alum network with more opportunities in different companies if you want to continue in cold call sales.

Cons

Management doesn't care much about you. You are like their slaves. Too easy to become unmotivated and quit since you are out on your own all summer besides a couple check-ups. Most students do quit or stop working and don't tell their managers. Cold-calling every day in the summer is very hard work and not for most who are unmotivated on their own.

Advice to Management

Keep the few good managers and get rid of the ones who don't value the hard work that certain students put in.