AroundCampus - Great and Satisfying Experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

"Great and Satisfying Experience"

Former Intern - Sales Representative in College Park, MD
Former Intern - Sales Representative in College Park, MD

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the major pros of this internship was the training all interns received at UNC. This was a great time where we really learned about the company and how to be good sales reps. During this internship I not only learned a lot about sales/marketing, but I learned a lot about business in general. I was able to learn a lot and was able to talk with business owners so that we could identify their needs and move forward with the best ad possible in our publication. This internship taught me how hard work will truly pay off, and to always stay positive and persistant. I truly learned a lot and found this to be a very valuable and rewarding summer interning with University Directories. Also the managers are very accessible and are eager to help with any issues you may have. They truly care about developing their interns into the best business people possible.

Cons

One of the cons is that this job can get very frustrating. During training it seems as though sales will be easy but it is not that way out in the field. This can get people very discouraged but in the end being persistant and moving past all the rejections will end up paying off.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the morning webinars. I really liked these during our group meetings every morning. Also keep being open and making your interns feel comfortable asking anybody in the company for help or advice.

Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus

1. "University Directories Reviews"

Current Intern - Sales Representative in Ames, IA
    Current Intern - Sales Representative in Ames, IA

I have been working at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Voted the #1 collegiate media company in the nation, I would recommend this internship to anyone who is interested in building relationships, learning to challenge their limits, and is ready to take the next step in their career path. University Directories not only provides a great sales foundation academy in Chapel Hill, North Carolina for interns across the country, but they provide EXCELLENT management that continues to mentor and push you during the entire summer. As a college senior, I have so many valuable life lessons to take away from this internship and am already being reached out to by partners of the company for full-time positions after graduation. If you want to work at a place that is going to not only help you find a job, but continue to care about you as an individual, University Directories is the way to go! You'll take nothing but memorable experiences, close relationships, and skills you can use to enhance your daily lifestyle!

Cons

The only thing I would change about the internship is getting to know more people from other reasons. Although we had a close-knitted region, I feel people should be given more time to talk with others at training about different cultures and seeing if they would be interested in looking at employment outside of their comfort zones!

"Creates the best career path for college students!"

Former Intern - Outside Sales Representative in Winona, MN
    Former Intern - Outside Sales Representative in Winona, MN

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The managers are the best you're ever going to have.
    You learn more in this internship then you do in the classrooms.
    Makes you stand out compared to your classmates for future jobs.
    Connects you with many great businesses that look for interns from this company.

Cons

Hearing "no" can get hard.
    Some businesses see the UD product as useless.
    Frustrating at times when businesses ignore you and you have to keep trying with them.

Advice to Management

The managers and upper management make this job one of the best internships ever!