AroundCampus - Long hot summer days | Glassdoor

"Long hot summer days"

Former Intern - Sales Representative in West Sacramento, CA
Former Intern - Sales Representative in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Motivational boosts from team, plan your own day, good motivation from management

Cons

No compensation for gas, No perks, Bad hours, Salary compensation based, you are the work horses for the company who discards you after internship

Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus

1. "OK internship"

Former Intern - Brand Ambassador in Pullman, WA
    Former Intern - Brand Ambassador in Pullman, WA

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of freedom, make your own schedule

Cons

Unclear goals and almost no training

"Great and Satisfying Experience"

Former Intern - Sales Representative in College Park, MD
    Former Intern - Sales Representative in College Park, MD

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the major pros of this internship was the training all interns received at UNC. This was a great time where we really learned about the company and how to be good sales reps. During this internship I not only learned a lot about sales/marketing, but I learned a lot about business in general. I was able to learn a lot and was able to talk with business owners so that we could identify their needs and move forward with the best ad possible in our publication. This internship taught me how hard work will truly pay off, and to always stay positive and persistant. I truly learned a lot and found this to be a very valuable and rewarding summer interning with University Directories. Also the managers are very accessible and are eager to help with any issues you may have. They truly care about developing their interns into the best business people possible.

Cons

One of the cons is that this job can get very frustrating. During training it seems as though sales will be easy but it is not that way out in the field. This can get people very discouraged but in the end being persistant and moving past all the rejections will end up paying off.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the morning webinars. I really liked these during our group meetings every morning. Also keep being open and making your interns feel comfortable asking anybody in the company for help or advice.