AroundCampus - Great start to a sales career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AroundCampus

"Great start to a sales career"

Pros

Expenses paid sales training in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Great networking opportunities with career partners. All of the hard work pays off when it comes to looking for a career in sales.

Cons

It can sometimes be a pain to have to constantly bug the same businesses after they've said no 5 times. Paper advertising is the hardest type of sales, and it really takes a lot of motivation. My market was small and so was my territory which made it harder to sell.

Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus

1. "Great if you want to get into sales, NOT MARKETING"

Former Intern - Sales Team Leader
    Former Intern - Sales Team Leader

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Real sales experience
    -No one hovering over you, you're self directed and responsible
    -Great networking opportunity
    -The training in SC was the best part, learned a lot of great things.

Cons

-Low pay
    -No work-life balance, you're expected to put in long hours
    -Hearing "no" so many times can be exhausting
    -Little growth within company

Advice to Management

Stop advertising this as a marketing and advertising internship. It's not, and that's FALSE advertising. I quit after a few weeks because I was so miserable. This a sales internship. Nothing else.

"One of the most life changing, incredible, challenging and rewarding experience I have ever done."

Pros

-Fun, young, energetic management team
    -All of the sales managers and the President himself have done the internship, so they know exactly how to coach and mentor us
    -Hands on, real life sales experience that you can't find at any other internship
    -Great support system throughout the summer, the Regional Managers visit you in each market and do ride alongs and go on sales calls with you
    -Career Partner Network with great companies who actively seek to hire our interns, I had 5 companies reach out to me to discuss full time opportunities after I completed the internship
    -Morning webinar led by the President every single morning to fire up the teams

Cons

-It definitely comes with it's challenges but interns that put in the time and effort will see success throughout the program

Advice to Management

-Don't change a thing, I still keep in touch with my regional manager and he is responsible for a large amount of personal and professional growth over the summer and my last year as an intern