AroundCampus - Negative Internship Experience | Glassdoor

"Negative Internship Experience"

Former Intern - Outside Sales Representative
Former Intern - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at AroundCampus as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a great team that I worked with every day. We got along fairly well by the end of the 12 weeks. The training in NC was pretty fun too.

Cons

First of all, even though the training was in a fun location, it was very time intensive. You were expected to put in overtime and stay up until 3 am despite a usual 6 am wake up time- all would be fine, but the training was without pay. Next, I felt like management promoted lying to any potential customers to get any sort of sale, which I took negatively. The market I worked in didn't quite take to the product but they would not take no for an answer. Also it was essential to put in more time after our allotted 9 hours a day, without any overtime being paid. The weekly base pay also was not nearly enough because of all the money spent on gas and other things. I essentially made no money last summer and this internship was a mistake in my opinion.

Other Employee Reviews for AroundCampus

1. "Sales Rep"

Pros

Great learning experience and had a lot of opportunities after with career partners

Cons

low pay, product is tough too sell, poor communication with the home office.

"Around campus Internship"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at AroundCampus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn to have confidence in going into different stores

Cons

Everything. Managers can be rude, and pressure interns. Instead of trying to create a learning enviornment where interns are learning, managers pressure them to sell.

Advice to Management

Stop being so mean to interns. They are trying hard. Just because you made a ton of sales when you were an intern, does not mean that you can bully others. Stop making interns feel bad if they don't make a sale.