ArrMaz Custom Chemicals - For its size, it is a great place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ArrMaz Custom Chemicals

"For its size, it is a great place to work."

Pros

The Company is growing. Has expanded internationally. Care for their employees.

Cons

The company started small and has grown over the last five years rapidly. Some people are having difficulty adjusting frrom the small company homey feel to a larger organization. It's almost not possible to know everything or everyone anymore.

Advice to Management

Continue training for all employees and pushing change management concepts.

Other Employee Reviews for ArrMaz Custom Chemicals

"ArrMaz Review"

I worked at ArrMaz Custom Chemicals full-time

Pros

Pay scale is very fair in the market in the community, with great benefits package. Great team of folks that are focused and committed.

Cons

Mentality shift, driving down overall moral. No coaching or investment in the existing employees to encourage promotion. Should rally to always promote from within and engage succession planning within each department rather than enlisting to hire from external sources. Not enough HR commitment to the employees.

Advice to Management

Need to regain focus on the employees to maintain existing talent. HR should coach and invest in the existing employees, making them feel a genuine part of a real team.

"Flyby Chemistry at its finest"

Former Employee - R&D Chemist
    Former Employee - R&D Chemist

I worked at ArrMaz Custom Chemicals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lab staff in my department was treated well, cannot say the same for the other lab personnel. Pay was not bad but definitely not on level with other experienced chemist jobs. The health benefits were actually pretty good.

Cons

No idea what I was working with from day to day. Had to make due with only one piece of equipment. The HPLC was broken for the entire time I was there. Company was going through a shift in upper management and we were told one thing and another happened completely. The R&D department went through 6 chemists in 2 years. I later found out that for some reason the company only wanted to hire grads from the local community college. Anybody with a ACS Chemistry degree left that department within a matter of months. The sales department ran the labs and I had to explain to the sales manager why their NMR would not work with rock samples, it was designed for organic samples. When I left they were patent trolling their competition and it cost them a customer.

Advice to Management

Do not hire chemists to do the work of a tech and expect them to stay. You do not need someone with a BS/MS to run a IR or a spec. Fix the equipment you have and not give excuses on why it is not worth it.