Arrow Electronics - Could be so much more | Glassdoor

"Could be so much more"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

You will only hear management speaking positively of others and thoughtful in giving guidance and advice. Local management freely gives praise to employees and is always ready to get their hands dirty in day to day tasks. Local management works to create a cohesive and positive work environment. You know management has employees best interest in mind. Smart coworkers with many years of experience.

Cons

Antiquated systems, not enough money spent on infrastructure, no tuition reimbursement which gives the impression education is not valued.

Arrow Electronics Response

Sep 8, 2016 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Thanks so much for writing us a review - we've heard from many people that our people are the best part about working here (I'd agree!) We appreciate you sharing your insights as to what would help ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Arrow Electronics

1. "I can continue my job for rest of life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Opportunity to grow, respect, diginity and smart co-workers. Flexible work environment and good support from higher management. what else you need ?

Cons

Arrow should invest more in its brand value. Not all your friends will know about Arrow when you start but it is better than some of other jobs out there that have more visibility if you wanna keep moving from one job to another :)

Arrow Electronics Response

Sep 8, 2016 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review - we're flattered that you found us and love working here! You'll be happy to know that we've increased our brand presence in the area, and ... More

"Not what I expected."

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Englewood, CO

Pros

Pay is pretty good and benefits are as good as most Fortune 500's. I can't really think of anything else to include in "pro's"

Cons

I'm pretty disappointed in what I've experienced with Arrow. I've been treated fairly and my immediate management is pretty competent; but the company overall is disappointing. This is largely my fault. I should have done much more in depth research about Arrow, the competition, and future prospects for the company. I thought I was getting into a "technology company". Instead, I found an old-line warehousing and distribution company with a deteriorating business position.

Advice to Management

You have a lot of under-utilized talent with your lower level employees. Try to use this resource to add more value for your customers.