Arrow Electronics - Unbiased review | Glassdoor

"Unbiased review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strategy to expand beyond normal distribution.

Cons

Bell curved employee annual reviews...which are used to give performance raises.
Work from home flexibility non existent at this location, very much a corporate office mentality.
Integration of purchased companies lacking.
UNITY project (one global system) now 3 years and millions of dollars past due.

Advice to Management

Millions spent on branding and commercials that are seen ... Where? Employee town halls? The ROI appears small.
No transparency...do as I say not as I do atmosphere. IE no trips, expenses, but exceptions are made daily. Stop putting out mandates and immediately providing work arounds. It's either yes or no.
Sabbaticals and ESOP ended for 'normal' employees. No explanation if ESOP ended for the chairman and CEO and balance of the board of directors.
Retain good talent and pay market value. Rate managers on their churn, including HR managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Arrow Electronics

"I Won't Be Fooled Again!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Arrow is not the Technology company I thought it was. Turns out Arrow is an old fashion warehousing, pick, pack, and ship operation with a questionable value proposition. Having said that, if your main concern is a paycheck, Arrow's compensation and benefits are surprisingly good for a company with declining margins. If you live in south Denver, the location is great. I'd also have to say that first line management is fairly strong and employee oriented. Its upper management that is disconnected.

Cons

Arrow is caught with an old fashion business model, declining margins, strong competition, and few ideas for the future beyond cost cutting. If you're looking to finish out a working career with decent pay - Arrow may work for you. If you're a young person looking for a career - look else where. This is a company focused solely on cost cutting and surrounded by more nimble and innovative competitors. Upper management places no more value on their employees than they would a copy machine.

Advice to Management

Consider listening to your employees. You might be surprised to find that they have some pretty good ideas for turning around declining market share, etc.

"Regional Sales"

Former Employee - Regional Sales in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Regional Sales in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation, Benefits, Co-Workers, Size, Expenses.

Cons

High Turnover, Weak Management, Hostile Environment, Shrinking Workforce.

Advice to Management

Right size the company, stop the hire and fire mentality.

Arrow Electronics Response

Nov 8, 2016 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

We are sorry to hear you feel your experience at Arrow was a hostile work environment. For any current or future employees, we'd like to encourage and empower them to consider reporting their... More