Arrow Electronics - Production Tech | Glassdoor

"Production Tech"

Current Employee - Production Technician in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Production Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have benifits and a job.

Cons

I do not have a professional status as I had when I was hired. I feel like an expendable number.

Advice to Management

Don't forget who helped you have your job.

Arrow Electronics Response

Nov 8, 2016 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

We're sorry to hear that you feel expendable at Arrow, which is never something we want any of our employees to feel. Without exact knowledge into your specific situation, it would be hard to know... More

Other Employee Reviews for Arrow Electronics

1. "Overall great experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time

Pros

Great management - those in charge know their jobs inside and out. Always given the tools necessary to complete the job. Great opportunity for growth at the corporate level for those with initiative. Great values and forward thinking is apparent.

Cons

Advancement opportunities limited at local branches, restructuring is disruptive (hopefully this is only temporary)

Advice to Management

When making large changes to internal structure, be sure to implement enough time for new recruits to get trained and up to speed.

"Promote from Within"

Current Employee - Finance in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Finance in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Arrow employees are the company's biggest asset
    Average Salaries for the marketplace and economic situation
    Flexibility to work from home when necessary

Cons

Technology needs a major upgrade to be competitive in the Global Marketplace
    Heavy on the executive level light on the ground floor level
    Month end/quarter end extended hours without additional compensation
    Workload unbalanced

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees in all the locations and buildings, cities and countries. The executive suites tend to be isolated from the workers and there is little to no face to face interactions with higher level directors and above. Invite guest speakers from other companies to speak about successes and failures in their organizations. Eliminate costs by restructuring employee reviews by talking with the employees to convey messages instead of spending a lot of money on additional time consuming online reading materials. Revisit the salary structures annually and compensate on performance instead of on a "meeting expectations" flat average line rating system.

Promote from within. There is a huge talent pool hungry for advancement with the experience and skills that will support the planned growth. You have some very incredible and amazing people. The growing Denver business marketplace has recognized this and is daily taking the talent away from the company by providing them with advanced opportunities they are not getting at Arrow.