Arrow Electronics - Great learning experience! | Glassdoor

"Great learning experience!"

Current Intern - Intern in Englewood, CO
Current Intern - Intern in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Arrow Electronics as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

*Got to learn a lot about the company structure
*Had the flexibility to work when it worked best for me

Cons

*Really had to ask continuously to keep the flow of work coming

Arrow Electronics Response

Nov 10, 2016 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Thanks for sharing about your internship experience - sounds like you were really a high performer! Glad it was an overall positive experience!! We hope that this internship allowed you to find ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Arrow Electronics

"I worked there for over 10 years, didn't realize how stressed I was until I left."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In my over 10 years of working at Arrow, I worked with many people that I have a great respect for. Some management willing to work with the employees to find a work life balance.

Cons

The benefits used to be exceptional and put Arrow above all other employers but over the years, the cost went up, coverage went down, lost tuition reimbursement, and lost sabbatical program. While some management is willing to work with employees, others (mostly the upper management ie directors) require salaried employees to get an unrealistic amount of work done in an unrealistic amount of time and has no problem coming in at 9 and leaving at 5 while their employees come in before 6am in the morning and leave after 10pm in the evening. Appreciation is rarely shown or communicated.

Advice to Management

be able to do what your team does. How can you review and "approve" the work your team does without knowing how the work is done? An employee likes to go to their manager for help and guidance but if the manager has no idea what doing the work entails, the employee is out on an island. Division presidents talk about a great culture, but the management does not encourage the cloture by example. Yes they talk a great game, but do not deliver in action or example.

"Typical crap NY company."

Former Employee - Report Developer in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Report Developer in Englewood, CO

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They paid well at the time, but then so did everybody in the 90s.

Cons

They hire and fire at will. They massively expanded in Englewood, then panicked because they discovered Westerners have opinions (unlike Melville robots) and then conduct massive layoffs. They cancel Christmas bonuses because they don't want people to get used to it.

Advice to Management

Grow a pair. Don't fire people for having opinions. Don't assume that all Westerners are lazy bums because they disapprove of your management decisions. Don't freak out when laying off people and have security eyeball people as they get their things.