Artech Information Systems - Expect poor communication skills, lots of "bait and switch" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Artech Information Systems

"Expect poor communication skills, lots of "bait and switch""

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Artech Information Systems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Found me a position.
Competitive Pay

Cons

Cold called me with a position, it actually was a good fit. However didn't have me apply to Artech or become an employee until after I accepted the position. That is when I discovered the complete lack of benefits, $10 probationary rate for the first 30 days, and non-compete clauses. Because I hadn't signed anything with them I could have (and probably should have) contacted the hiring manager to see what other contracting agencies they work with.

Almost all of their employees have very thick accents making communication very difficult.

Advice to Management

Before sending a candidate in for an interview, have them added to the Artech system. Based on how well I got along with the hiring manager, and the fact I hadn't signed a single piece of paper, it would have been easy to come in with a different agency or as an independent. Hire reps with better communication skills and have them talk through Artech requirements.

Other Employee Reviews for Artech Information Systems

"Can't complain, I have a job"

Current Employee - Computer Tech in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Computer Tech in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Artech Information Systems part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's part time so I have very flexible hours

Cons

Company keeps messing with my paycheck, have been waiting a month for one measley $70 mileage check that they keep not paying me??

Advice to Management

Support your contractors and full time employees, if you say your going to do something for them....do it.

"Gross Margin First"

Current Employee - Talent Management in Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Current Employee - Talent Management in Cedar Knolls, NJ

I have been working at Artech Information Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good Client Base
    - Few good employees

Cons

- 90% of companys corporate functions are outsourced to India to entry level candidates
    - US operations consists of the Management team, everyones else in US (which is only 10%) is replaced every 3- 6 months unless they donot ask for career advancement or better pay
    -Health benefits - its better to be even without it, rather than enrolling in it
    - No career adavancement/promotions from within
    - Turnover is exteamly high, you see new collegues every week
    - No training/orientation, pushed on the job day1.
    -Pay is well below market rate

Advice to Management

Management should invest some time to get a proper performance management system in place in order to retain employees, also they should focuss on creating second level leadership and delegate certain function to the suborddinates.