Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Nov 22, 2020 - Asset Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and people to work with

Cons

None, great place to work

1 person found this review helpful

Artemis Health Response

CEO

Thanks for the review, but we don't employe Asset Managers. Perhaps you reviewed the wrong company?

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing people and inspiring mission

Nov 7, 2020 - Vice President Marketing in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

--Artemis Health as a great product serving some of the most impressive and innovative customers in the U.S. --The culture is terrific. People feel cared for and truly enjoy working together and striving toward the mission of helping employers help their employees to have great healthcare they can afford. --I am a happier person because I found such a great company to work for.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Artemis Health Response

CEO

Thanks for such kind feedback! We'll keep striving to maintain and improve our culture. And remember: if you ever do have concerns you can always come talk to me.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Rough waters behind, smooth sailing ahead?

Feb 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many pros of working at Artemis. Amazing people (with few exceptions), a CEO that clearly cares deeply about the mission, company, and the people who work in it, and generous (read unlimited) PTO, decent salary, willingness to hire remote even before COVID, to name a few. The upward job mobility is also a pro at a smaller company like Artemis and certainly helps accelerate your career trajectory in a shorter amount of time than at a Fortune 500. Performers are generally recognized and rewarded, although some people in certain roles may be overlooked. The outlook of the company is, in my opinion, extremely positive with lots of room for growth. The CEO is making the right moves developing and innovating the product space Artemis has (as they should), and the company is trending in a financially positive way. Overall, I'd definitely recommend joining the team, where I may not have a year ago.

Cons

The last year+ at Artemis has been bad, there are no ways around it. Both the venture capital nature of the company (series C), as well as the necessities of a pandemic economy have led to the following: - A couple of rounds of layoffs, granted, some of it was trimming the fat and needed to happen. - Long hours due to short staffing are the norm for the majority of positions (slowly, very slowly, starting to change). - A few incompetent people are unfortunately in key positions like HR which makes life difficult for everyone. Going to be true at any company though. - A sales team that routinely oversells/YOLOs deals without input from other teams, screwing over other employees while washing their hands happy to collect the commission. - If a customer says jump, management generally does not say "how high?" Instead, they get on their knees and start to unzip. This thankfully is starting to turn around some. - And last, but a BIG one in my opinion is the lack of a 401k match. The company does offer equity/option grants but it doesn't make up for this. These are all pretty negative comments, but many of them are beginning to be recognized, and I have a decent amount of faith that they will turn around in the foreseeable future.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Artemis Health.