Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. - the worst company I've ever seen | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

"the worst company I've ever seen"

Current Employee - Technical Assistant in Itasca, IL
Current Employee - Technical Assistant in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of my co-workers are very kind. About half of them are very talented and have good work ethics.

Cons

No opportunities here, unless your boss favors you. Your performance doesn't matter, even if you consistently perform very well and receive good rating every year, you don't receive any salary increase for 4 to 5 years. If you want a promotion of your job title, wait at least 10 years. Bad compensation and benefits plans, salary is lower than industry average, employee stock purchase plan only gives you 5% discount (The other companies give 15% discount!!). Management doesn't know what are the real issues within the organization, they hired some consultants to modernize the IT department, those people don't know how to manage and motivate people, instead they turned a place that used to be very friendly into a very negative and hostile environment.

Advice to Management

Outsourcing to India is a bad idea. Look at what happened to those companies that were pioneers in outsourcing! The fact that a lot of best talents chose to leave the company proves that you made a wrong decision. Also, the senior management enjoyed substantial increases in their compensation packages in the past 5 years while we received no salary increases. What a shame!

Other Employee Reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

"Overworked, underpaid; procedures based on completion dates regardless of quality"

Former Employee - Information Systems in Itasca, IL
    Former Employee - Information Systems in Itasca, IL

I worked at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful co-workers; occasional working from home; good HR benefits

Cons

Form is always stressed over content; fire fighting is the norm; zero communication from management; 35 hour week is gone and no compensation; no increases for 5 years; layoffs of experienced staff solely because off-shore is cheaper

Advice to Management

Morale is non-existent; communication goes both ways listening doesn't count as communication; anonymous questions stopped, not because communication is better, but because no important questions were ever answered in the past despite repeated attempts.

2. "internal audit intern"

Current Intern - Internal Audit Intern in Itasca, IL
    Current Intern - Internal Audit Intern in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. as an intern

Pros

learned a ton about the internal audit process, got involved in a lot of audits and was able to complete a walkthrough audit of corporate tax alone

Cons

since my inexperience, my ability to add a lot of value to audits was limited