Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. - Internally focused | Glassdoor

"Internally focused"

Pros

Plenty of good people that work there, due to size of company there is room for growth.

Cons

Too many middle managers, can stream line management and reduce time to fix issues that effect customers. Too much focus on updating management on issues instead of fixing issues and servicing client.

Other Employee Reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

"The Jury is Still Out"

Current Employee - Administration in Short Hills, NJ
    Current Employee - Administration in Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can't rate this as yet.

Cons

I work at a recently acquired firm. We are their largest M&A to date. They may have been fine with typical small agencies, but they seem lost with one our size. We were 400 person agency with an IT department, accounting and HR and while I've met some nice people some are blithering idiots in this situation. It doesn't help that part of their accounting is in India and couple that with much of the transition work relegated to temps it makes for a fragrant cesspool stew. Few people have been spoken to as to their futures so hopefully things improve by year's end. Otherwise I'll have a winter vacation.

2. "A lot of work for little pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. full-time

Pros

The hours are good. The work is structured, yet- its in the hands of the person that does the work.

Cons

There's a lot of work and the company as a whole doesn't pay its employees very well. It doesn't matter how much you are in charge of, what you do, how long you stay, you will not be paid what you are worth.

Advice to Management

There is more than one way of doing things. Be open to ideas. Pay your employees for the hard work that they do.