Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. - Wonderful company with lots of growth and positive culture. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

"Wonderful company with lots of growth and positive culture."

Pros

The company is a very positive place to work with lots of activity, growth through organic sales and acquisition, and generally a great place to work. The CEO is a wonderful guy with a very engaging style and is able to talk to any group and make them feel welcome and appreciated. The company is built on a core set of values that really drive their culture. I would like to work here again in the future.

Cons

Some areas of the company do not have a good work/life balance. Depends on your manager (like a lot of places).

Advice to Management

None.

Other Employee Reviews for Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

1. "good place to work"

Pros

good place to start your career

Cons

slow at getting things processed

"A large workload to carry"

Current Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster
    Current Employee - Senior Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They helped me advance my career as far as getting promotions and I am forever thankful for that. I have had some really wonderful supervisors here who were like mentors to me. A lot of my co-workers are really helpful and knowledgeable as well. I only have had one instance where taking off was an issue and that was a senior management blunder.

Cons

Male chauvinism is definitely a huge problem. After several years at the company it is clear to me that a lot of the males in management positions should not be there. They don't care enough to make an impact. Some years I did not even get raises (same with a lot of others who were very deserving) and, to me, it is a crime to not cover inflation. And this is all while the company was doing well financially. One promotion I received didn't even come with the pay. I'm sure it is different in every branch as far as the workload but the particular branch I'm in has a lot of good adjusters leaving with no authority from corporate to replace them, thus saturating the adjusters that are left. I know a lot of adjusters that work at night and on the weekends that are telecommuters and it appears there is no relief in sight. The teleworkers sacrifice personal time just to ensure they can keep working from home since that is the threat if your work "escalates". Everything has the potential to escalate daily - diary, contact forms, tasks, detailed status reports. They also monitor email weekly. I find I have to take personal time to create lengthy coverage disclaimers or evaluate demand packages.

Advice to Management

Evaluate where each teleworker is at because if you actually knew what they go through, you would find it sickening. If they are working many additional hours just to manage their workload eventually they will get burned out. Replace people that leave and consider the nuances of each client from a qualitative perspective instead of looking at the numbers and assuming it is manageable. The branch I'm in feels like a sinking ship and morale is very very low.