Artix Entertainment - Great gaming company to work for, in any position. Everyone, from the receptionist to the owner is treated well. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Artix Entertainment

"Great gaming company to work for, in any position. Everyone, from the receptionist to the owner is treated well."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lutz, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lutz, FL

Pros

The owner really cares about all of the employees. They offer good benefits and good hours. The products they make are good, and something anyone can be proud of working on.

Cons

A few bad employees have caused a change in policies which make the work environment not as flexible as it used to be. The company does not offer a 401k, which would be nice.

Advice to Management

Discipline or fire the bad employees so that the good employees don't lose the flexibility that they were promised when they were hired to work for the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Artix Entertainment

"Animator full time"

I have been working at Artix Entertainment full-time

Pros

I've never worked with a more talented bunch of folks in gaming, ever. And this is after working at a AAA on the West Coast for some time. Excellent programmers, artists and animators, and the CEO/founder and his top producers are superb leaders, giving us what we need to do the best we can. Good hours, lunches paid for, snacks, time to relax or game during the day if you need it.

Cons

The past few years were rough as the company tried to establish its footing in mobile while continuing live ops on a lot of browser games, but over this past year everything is turning around. Sometimes the management can be a little too transparent, so morale can shift up and down considerably based on financials. But the honesty is good.

Advice to Management

The new AQ3D game is fantastic and players are loving it (not just because of how great I make things move on their mobile devices!!). Keep developing it and look forward to the full launch later this year after open beta.

"Artix entertainment honesty."

I worked at Artix Entertainment (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of people there who are very friendly. You certainly can count on the passion of the company. The game staff do respect those who work tirelessly. Efforts are made between staff and individuals to work together.

Cons

I'm not an individual who will offer a con. Don't get me wrong, if a con existed I certainly might consider voicing it. But my overall experience was a positive one.

Advice to Management

The only advice I might offer is this: Don't ask an individual to do something they can't fully do without having some help. Say for example you are asked to write something or draw something or what have you. Make sure that individual knows how. Each chapter of AE is different and has a different style.