Arup - Great all rounder | Glassdoor

"Great all rounder"

Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Project Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

Great, talented people to work with. Fantastic projects and opportunities for working abroad.

Cons

Not fantastic remuneration, but probably in line with industry generally. Could do with a more clearly defined career path and opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Management

Try not to hide behind the great reputation that Arup has. Your main responsibility is to foster and grow employees through the great working place that Arup is.

Other Employee Reviews for Arup

1. "Been great so far, and looking forward to what's to come..."

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in London, England (UK)

Pros

Laid back workplace in terms of colleagues and dress code; innovative, creative culture; flexible attitude to hours worked; interesting work; good training; great colleagues; opportunities for international travel; employee owned, which has a huge effect on the way employees view the company.

Cons

More an industry thing than an Arup thing, but pay could always be a bit better.

The company is growing rapidly just now, and trying to 'corporate-ise' itself at the same time. This inevitably leads to risk of it losing its free-wheeling, entrepreneurial culture, but so far it's not been too bad.

Could do with more critical feedback on my performance, and a clearer idea of how quickly I'm progressing compared to my peers.

I don't really have much to criticise - it's been a great place to be for the last 2 years.

Advice to Management

Focus on staff development more closely - it's generally pretty good, but very much up to the individuals involved. Quality of staff appraisals is very variable, and they often don't result in much change for the apraisee. Be better at spotting your stars early and nurturing them.

Work hard to ensure that as we grow, we don't lose the things that make Arup special - its agility, its culture and its innovation.

"Arup is the best job I have had and will never want to leave!"

Current Employee - Environmental Scientist
    Current Employee - Environmental Scientist

Pros

Arup offers a place where everyone comes together to work as a team! Even the smallest voice and opinion is heard and valued in each project. Arup values its people above all else and treats all staff with respect and ensure that a great work life balance is achieved!
    The salaries are good, the bonues are good, the benefits are good, the social life is great and the work above all is interesting!!!

Cons

You are expected to be brilliant at all times! Other than that not much else!

Advice to Management

Give more time off for everyone! We work hard and we need some time off every now and then!!!