Asana - Absolutely the best place to work | Glassdoor

"Absolutely the best place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Asana full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ Amazing CEO who has best interest of employees in mind + Leadership team doesn't cut corners + Thoughtful and transparent around decision-making + Thoughtful and strategic about growth of business and where to invest resources. + Smartest, self-motivated teammates I've worked with so far; they also don't have as much ego as other places. + Invests in employees through trainings, empowerment to make... decisions, career coaching + Work life balance is amazing + 3 meals a day by in-house professional culinary team + Value of empowerment allows you to make decisions that impact the business instead of dealing with politics. + Really good equity packages allow you to feel invested for the long-term + Expanding very, very quickly at the moment. + Feel inspired to do my best work and feel supported to do that + Actually using Asana internally - inbox zero and transparency across the entire organization is so refreshing. + Really creative happy hours and company outings; not an excessive drinking culture like at other startups I've been in. + Feels really mature for a company at this stage.

Cons

- Sometimes wish we could move faster - Easy to not complete things fully because there's so much stuff to do.

Advice to Management

Thanks for staying thoughtful about how we grow! We really appreciate how you've structured Asana.

Asana2016-05-25
  1. "Very Fulfilling Opportunity"

Former Employee - Chef in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Asana full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

M-F, Weekends and Holidays off. Amazing office Atmosphere. Perfect for someone that wants work life balence opposed to Restaurant Industry Hours

Cons

Parking is aweful so you have to get there very early or take public transit

Asana2019-12-02

"Amazing place to build your career"

Current Employee - Communications in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Asana full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredible opportunities to own & drive initiatives, whether you're early in your career or a seasoned pro. - Intentional culture that's thoughtfully scaling across offices & functions. - High growth & rapid international expansion provides tons of opportunities to build experience. - High value placed on diversity & bringing your own unique attributes to work. - Thinking beyond the... traditional perks - though culinary is amazing! - Super talented team of people energized by the opportunities of a rapidly emerging category.

Cons

As with many hyper-growth companies, the people who feel the most engaged tend to be flexible and self-starters. Not necessarily a con, but may be a different way of working than some prospects might be interested in. In addition, rapid global expansion requires flexibility, patience & the ability/openness to pivot as needed.

Advice to Management

Continuing the commitment to scaling & evolving Asana's culture as we go after the global opportunity in front of us makes employees feel seen, heard & appreciated. Keep it up!

Asana2019-11-21

Discover more reviews about Asana.