Asana - Absolutely the best place to work | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Absolutely the best place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Asana full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ Amazing CEO who has best interest of employees in mind
+ Leadership team doesn't cut corners
+ Thoughtful and transparent around decision-making
+ Thoughtful and strategic about growth of business and where to invest resources.
+ Smartest, self-motivated teammates I've worked with so far; they also don't have as much ego as other places.
+ Invests in employees through trainings, empowerment to make decisions, career coaching
+ Work life balance is amazing
+ 3 meals a day by in-house professional culinary team
+ Value of empowerment allows you to make decisions that impact the business instead of dealing with politics.
+ Really good equity packages allow you to feel invested for the long-term
+ Expanding very, very quickly at the moment.
+ Feel inspired to do my best work and feel supported to do that
+ Actually using Asana internally - inbox zero and transparency across the entire organization is so refreshing.
+ Really creative happy hours and company outings; not an excessive drinking culture like at other startups I've been in.
+ Feels really mature for a company at this stage.

Cons

- Sometimes wish we could move faster
- Easy to not complete things fully because there's so much stuff to do.

Advice to Management

Thanks for staying thoughtful about how we grow! We really appreciate how you've structured Asana.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Best company I have worked at"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- Strong Team
    - Work Life Balance
    - Really Strong Culture
    - Mindful Growth and Scaling
    - Impact of work is felt by so many customers
    - Product that customers really really love and are crazy passionate about

Cons

- Office in San Francisco, which means that living in the city is really really expensive if you don't want a long commute
    - Have some debt relating to earlier technological choices that is still being paid down

"A dream job"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Asana full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Asana is a place that enables you to do great work and empowers you to be a better person. It is a joy to come to work each day to contribute to a mission I truly believe in. It is inspiring and motivating to be surrounded by such a high caliber of peers who excel in their field of expertise, while also having fun together, and the leadership team sets a strong example of putting our core values into practice. The office environment fosters creativity and allows for a combination of focused work and collaboration. The culinary team provides fuel to keep us energized and prepares some of the best meals I've ever enjoyed. In all, I couldn't imagine a better place to work, and I feel grateful every day to work with such an incredible team.

Cons

I have a hard time finding any negative aspects of working at Asana, and when any do arise, we have the appropriate outlets and channels in place to address those concerns to find a resolution.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You all are such an inspiration and joy to work with, and I appreciate your transparent, empowering, and mindful approach to leadership.

Discover more reviews about Asana.