Asana - Incredible opportunity in Vancouver! | Glassdoor

"Incredible opportunity in Vancouver!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Asana full-time for less than a year

Pros

Asana is a fantastic place to work. When I first joined, I experienced thorough and thoughtful on-boarding, including a dedicated two-week "bootcamp" to learn all about Asana's engineering systems and practices. Because of the bootcamp, help from on-boarding members, and widespread support from Asana's engineers, I was quickly able to contribute meaningfully to the Asana codebase. Asana's engineering team is strong and values technical design, code quality, documentation, sharing learnings, and fixing problems even if you weren't the one who caused them. Experienced engineers care about the learning of new hires and less experienced engineers and will answer questions, pair program, and review code to ensure this happens. Regarding career development, my manager is very interested in learning about my short, medium, and long term goals and supporting me to reach them. At Asana, it's possible to try a lot of different roles outside of being an individual contributor, for example helping with recruiting or leading a project, and you can quickly take on lots of responsibility if that's appealing to you. Individual and group achievements are widely recognized and appreciated. All my coworkers are great communicators and it makes them easy to work with. Another huge plus of working at Asana is that you use the Asana app all the time as part of your job. You quickly appreciate its value and become even more motivated to improve it. Other perks include free food, great hardware, and a highly flexible vacation policy. Overall I'm thrilled to be part of a company that cares so much about its employees' well-being and development and I find it I incredibly motivating to work among people who believe in and care deeply about the product.

Cons

The work is highly collaborative, which might be a con for someone who likes to work more independently. I'm a pretty introverted person though and I'm finding that the support of my manager and shared goals with my coworkers make the collaboration useful and interesting instead of difficult or draining.

Asana2019-08-13
  1. "Impact, responsibility, and really exciting work"

Current Employee - Head of Security in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Asana full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The Area of Responsibility system is excellently designed and - The Security team is highly respected and influential and often consulted - Plenty of budget for what Security needs while not being silly about spending - Extremely mindful culture focused on doing things right

Cons

- Slightly more formal than other places in terms of workplace interactions - Lots of focus on writing well and adding nuance (which is often a good thing) - Typical growing pains of a rapidly scaling company

Advice to Management

Brag more about how cool of a company you've built! More people need to know about Asana.

Asana2019-12-19
  2. "Company of my dreams"

I have been working at Asana

Pros

Asana’s work culture is top notch. Employees show up as their true selves. It’s candid, compassionate, and empowering. They really care about your professional development here and it shows. Perks are amazing. Not a single complaint.

Cons

I don’t have any complaints.

Asana2019-12-18

Discover more reviews about Asana.