Ascend Learning - Marketing Communications Manager | Glassdoor
  1. "Marketing Communications Manager"

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are amazing. Great perks, easygoing atmosphere and genuinely good, good people who care about doing great work.

Cons

None that I have encountered in my three years. Truly a wonderful place to work.

Advice to Management

One of the things I respect most about Ascend are the opportunities for promotion from within the organization and business unit. I would encourage management to NEVER lose sight of this.

Ascend Learning2018-04-19

"Superb Company"

Current Employee - Client Executive in Leawood, KS

I have been working at Ascend Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Innovation, leadership, and clear vision of purpose are the driving forces at Ascend.

Cons

Must be flexible and willing to adapt to new innovations, ideas and process. However, this is what keeps this role fun.

Advice to Management

Don't stop! Keep driving toward our goal.

Ascend Learning2019-06-08

"Senior Leadership is a mess"

Former Employee - Product Development in Leawood, KS

I worked at Ascend Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work at Ascend is purposeful - creating assessments and education technology solutions that help students change their lives. There are loads of really smart and caring people working at Ascend. I made some good friends while working there. There is significant flexibility in time off, working at home, and the like.

Cons

Senior Leadership is constantly engaging in political infighting and jockeying, to the detriment of clients. Poor management behavior tolerated (lying to subordinates, micromanaging, controlling, discrimination, etc.) . HR is complicit in these poor behaviors. If you raise concerns you will be viewed as a troublemaker, no matter how tactfully you raise them, because of politics and leaders more concerned about... being liked than being effective. Ascend bills itself as an Agile shop, but it is very dysfunctional from an Agile development perspective. There is perhaps one senior leader who understands Agile. All the people who get it are at a lower level in the organization that isn't listened to. Classic example of "we are agile because we have standups" when really they are doing waterfall.

Advice to Management

Fire bad managers. This includes nice people who are so weak they are ineffective.

Ascend Learning2019-08-16

Discover more reviews about Ascend Learning.