Ascent Services Group - One of the Best San Francisco Bay Area based Services Company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ascent Services Group

"One of the Best San Francisco Bay Area based Services Company"

Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The company pays on or above par salary when compared with the market salary for a given profile and position. If you are working as an Independent Contractor then the Billing Rates are fairly decent. Also, the company has a good benefits package: Paid Vacation, Health, Dental and Fringe Benefits; which is a rarity for a Services Company.
The Account Managers are very competent and make sure that there is an abundance of requirements when the market conditions are good.

Cons

They are not very proactive when it comes to placing their Consultants on a new project when the current project contract expires or about to expire.

Advice to Management

The company is slowly moving from a culture of treating their Consultants as assets to a culture of treating their Consultants as disposable resources. Listen to what your Consultants are saying. Have regular pay and performance reviews, if not every six months then at least once a year.

Other Employee Reviews for Ascent Services Group

1. "Contractor"

I worked at Ascent Services Group part-time

Pros

I was a part-time employee with Ascent and worked as a contractor for one of their clients. The overall relationship was positive as the client treated me as one of their employees and offered me many opportunities to learn and grow while Ascent offered career support and assisted me with using their systems for timesheet and payroll purposes. My Ascent engagement manager really seemed to care about my success as a contractor!

Cons

As a contractor, it takes more effort to maintain a relationship with Ascent while also building a relationship with the client that you are working for. This does help build your networking and communication skills however.

2. "Product Representative ADP temp"

I worked at Ascent Services Group part-time

Pros

They work in a timely manner. All paper work and files are complete on time. My representative responded quickly.

Cons

Every contact is through email no person to person interactions.