Ash Brokerage - Very good organization | Glassdoor

"Very good organization"

Former Employee - Commissions in Fort Wayne, IN
Former Employee - Commissions in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Ash Brokerage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and very smart co-workers

Cons

High turnover and management at times does not have the pulse of employees

Other Employee Reviews for Ash Brokerage

1. "Lack of overall management decision-making and employee retention practices let Ash Brokerage down."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Ash Brokerage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The majority of Employees love the work they do, intelligent, friendly, willing to assist and know their subject-matter. On the surface the atmosphere is pleasant, and the work environment good. benefits are a bonus, and a "family" type ethic strived for.

Cons

Lack of management communications with staff, together with a "who you know" mentality can override the decision-making process. Employee turnover in some areas is of concern, with a "favorites" mentality, and lack of Best Practice initiative holds back some advancements. No pay raises in years provides little incentive to employees to go that extra mile that is being asked of them on a weekly basis.

Advice to Management

Trust the employees that know their subject more, and base decision-making on that, not on friendships. Accept criticism for what is it, rather than an insult. Ash could be a great innovative company, but not currently without a mindset change.

2. "Integrity based company striving to be the best service organization in the country."

Pros

Each role within the organization connects to the purpose behind what we do.... And it's not about he bottom line. Employees are able to strive each day to make a positive impact on the clients we serve... Revenue is the natural byproduct. Also, the new location downtown is cutting edge and a pure delight to work!

Cons

Some disconnect between departments when delivering on the overall customer experience. Some teams are able to deliver exceptionally well, while others aren't as committed to setting expectations and delivering upon them.

Advice to Management

Continue to cast and share vision for the future. I appreciate being part of an organization where I feel like I'm part of something much bigger than me.