Ashfield Healthcare Communications - Medical Communications - No Job Growth - Day to Day Tenured Staff - On the Verge of Leaving | Glassdoor

"Medical Communications - No Job Growth - Day to Day Tenured Staff - On the Verge of Leaving"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Ashfield Healthcare Communications full-time

Pros

Large Company; Great starter low level jobs with well defined growth potential; Great to get some experience then get out! Lots of new Senior manager, client facing positions available 12-18 months from now! Check back!

Cons

After a few years of advancing; NO GROWTH potential. Clear career path for lower positions; Senior day to day staff keeping clients/teams together and organized are ready to leave - They are only staying for the NEW 1 month time off benefit. It will be sad to lose the dedicated people in the east and midwest offices because they are committed to their clients but I get it. Why stick around when the company doesn't value you? It's a DEAD END career after a few years. The senior executing staff with clients do a good job and I do learn from all of them. I'm trying to learn as much as I can from them before they leave. Still it makes me sad to think of all that experience leaving. Doesn't help me grow when we lose the knowledge in those positions. Ashfield Motto: People quit, You're Promoted! If interviewing with Ashfield in program management, ask for the career path and watch it drop off after 2-3 levels beyond what you are being hired for.

Advice to Management

Be prepared to train a whole new senior staff to execute daily work for clients.

Ashfield Healthcare Communications2019-08-06

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Clinical Nurse Educator"

Current Employee - Clinical Nurse Educator in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Ashfield Healthcare Communications part-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome Leadership, Make a difference in peoples lives

Cons

Limited amount patients in area

Advice to Management

Management is SUPER!

Ashfield Healthcare Communications2018-01-15
  2. "Avoid this company at all costs"

Former Employee - Medical Writer in Lyndhurst, NJ

I worked at Ashfield Healthcare Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

There aren't any pros for this position.

Cons

Work here only if you want an EXTREMELY stressful job. Writers are consistently overworked, handling the work of 2-3 people at any one time. Impossible deadlines require consistent after hours, weekend, and holiday work. At a company meeting, we were told to "put our heads down and work harder" to meet company objectives. Bonus was pathetic, and did not make up for the missed time with family/friends and physical /mental/emotional stress. Team members are often petty, reporting everything to managers and petty issues are created within teams. The people who start problems are often favorites with HR and issues are not dealt with fairly.

Advice to Management

Accurately staff projects. Train personnel to be honest about deadlines and the ability to work on projects based on Ashfield staffing. Pay employees what they are worth. Create professional development plans (online yearly assessments that are never used or integrated into a training/development program don't count). Train employees instead of making employees responsible for their own training.

Ashfield Healthcare Communications2019-12-17

Discover more reviews about Ashfield Healthcare Communications.