Ashley Ellis - Robots | Glassdoor

"Robots"

Former Employee - Account Manager/Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Account Manager/Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ashley Ellis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It looks like a lot of fun when you interview because the music is pumping and they tell you that you will make a TON of money.

Cons

If you want a job where you don't have to think; this is one for you. Your manager will be happy to tell you everything that you need to say and do, including when you can go to the bathroom and lunch. Oh, and they will tell you that you get PTO but what they negate is the fact that it won't accrue for an entire year. Do yourself a favor and apply to another agency if you really want to get into recruiting. Everything that you are reading about in these reviews is true!

Advice to Management

Find another career.

Other Employee Reviews for Ashley Ellis

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - IT Search Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - IT Search Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Ashley Ellis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I think the length of my tenure says it all. This is a great place to build a long-term career. It's one of the rarest opportunities you can find - the harder you work, the better you are rewarded. If you come to work, put in the effort and have a great attitude - you can earn more than you could ever earn at a salaried job. You won't be micromanaged but you get the mentoring and training you need to be successful. Teamwork is encouraged and we work hard but still have fun! And you can definitely maintain a work / life balance - some staffing agencies expect you to work 50+ hours a week, but we are required to work less than 40. I can't see myself working anywhere else.

Cons

It is a commitment so if you are not prepared to work hard to start earning more than the base salary, then this is not the place for you. The difference between those that succeed and those who don't is the commitment and attitude they have coming in the door on day one.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! As the economy continues to improve, I only see a bright future for all of us. I look forward to a great 2013.

"It takes a lot of work but you earn what you put into it"

Current Employee - IT Search Executive in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - IT Search Executive in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Ashley Ellis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ashley Ellis provides employees with on-going training and tons of support. You're basically running your own business by bringing in clients and recruiting candidates - if you put into it what you want to get out of it the potential is there to make a great living. If you have contractors out there working you get paid for every hour they work.

Cons

For the first 90 days or so you're building your business and so unless you land that huge fish early you don't really get any commission. $9.75/hour is tough to live off of at first, but all it takes is one deal to close.
    This job certainly isn't for everyone. If you want to just show up and get paid for playing on a computer and only working a few hours out of the 8 hour work day you won't be happy here.

Advice to Management

We're a young company and always evolving. Management has done a great job of keeping us current and making changes where necessary.