Ashley Ellis - Recruiter | Glassdoor

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - IT Search Executive in Naperville, IL
Former Employee - IT Search Executive in Naperville, IL

I worked at Ashley Ellis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ashley Ellis gives you the opportunity to make a career out of a Job. This position really weeds out the lazy and ineffective. You will learn to be a recruiter and the team that supports you will help you get there but you need to put in the work.
There are major changes happening at Ashley Ellis and if you are committed to your own success then you will have it.

You will be given all the tools it is your choice to take it.

Cons

The only bad thing about this job is that it will make your personal weaknesses very clear to everyone. If you don't stay on the phone and worry about what everyone else is doing you will not be successful and to be honest those are the people who feel that they have been mistreated.
If you don't see this as an opportunity to grow professionally as well as personally then it is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep going with the changes!

Ashley Ellis Response

Oct 2, 2014 – Marketing Director

We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. As a company, we place high value on giving our employees the opportunity to grow in their careers and truly succeed. We also... More

Other Employee Reviews for Ashley Ellis

"If you are smart you will run away, fast!!!"

Current Employee - IT Search Executive
    Current Employee - IT Search Executive

I have been working at Ashley Ellis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You work with some cool people.
    Play music while you are working.
    They will hire anyone, so if you are in desperate need here is your place.

Cons

Some of the most unprofessional management and senior recruiters you will ever work with. They bring you in at an extremely low wage, and by low you are making $9.75/ hour (19K / Year), and after taxes and medical your pay check is $275 a week!

You are constantly told to be on the phone making sales call or calling candidates, but then you will look around to see that the Branch Manager and Senior Recruiters are never making calls; they are usually surfing the internet for the hottest deals on shoes or purses. The senior recruiters do whatever they want, and while you are on the phone, they are on the job boards or LinkedIn searching for candidates, but you are told that every person in the office follows the same schedule?

Do not expect to have any time during the day to do any research, gather leads, etc. because that is what you are told to do when you get home from work. That's right, you work all day, then they expect you to keep working long after you leave the office....they don't mention that part in the interview.

When you interview they will tell you how much money you are going to make by working there, but in reality you are barely making any money. The senior management is barely getting by, because everyone who works at Ashley Ellis is desperate for every penny they can get, that's what happens when you work for 19K a year.

In regards to the work environment, you will never be in a cliquier place in your entire life; it is like being back in high school. You will constantly watch employees who are "buddy buddy" with the managers get special treatment.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees equally

Ashley Ellis Response

Oct 2, 2014 – Marketing Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Over the last several months, we have been actively making changes that address your specific concerns so that we can ensure a positive and... More

"Degrading, treated as a subordinate, and was not given the respect of work-life balance."

Pros

-I was taught how to NOT be a recruiter after working here.
    -CEO and C level team came to visit branches often.

Cons

- You are treated like a child. Strict metrics to adhere to, strict hours, strict schedule.
    - Pay is incredibly low unless you make placement.
    - Management is a JOKE. Our particular manager had a huge confidence issue, and would bring her problems into work all the time, and take it out on us as well. She made inappropriate jokes, and expected us to laugh at them.
    - Inappropriate work culture. Was told to do one thing, while others were told different. Management definitely played favorites, and looked the other way when their pets made the same mistakes I did.

The company branch itself was unsuccessful, and shut down months later for failing to complete a placement.

Advice to Management

If it doesn't work, find something that does. The strict schedule and regimen you force upon your employees is just ridiculous.