Ashley Furniture Homestore - 95% percent of the customer are amazing, we just need to know product knowledge and have a good time. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ashley Furniture Homestore

"95% percent of the customer are amazing, we just need to know product knowledge and have a good time."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Victoria, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Victoria, TX

I worked at Ashley Furniture Homestore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you meet you see them more than family. If its the best crew its the best time. Different people you meet are amazing and have great stories. Easy money if you have a great attitude and careful not to make mistakes.

Cons

Work all the time, no time for family, no life unless yours includes late nights at the bar. Unnecessary attitudes, yelling, making people feel like nobody. There is no recognition or bonuses. No long periods of time off until 5th year then you reach your two weeks vacation other than that one week.

Advice to Management

Old systems and always failing networks don't make for an easy day at work. Christmas Bonuses would be nice. Especially after Black Friday.

Other Employee Reviews for Ashley Furniture Homestore

"Maybe the worst job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Guest Service in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Guest Service in Rochester, NY

I worked at Ashley Furniture Homestore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The furniture and mattress discount are pretty great, the other employees were good people for the most part, the job itself was pretty easy and the pay was weekly.

Cons

The pay was extremely low for the crap we were expected to take from customers and fellow employees alike, the benefits (401k, health benefits, vacation time) were basically non-existent or cost more than my weekly check. I was being constantly harassed by a fellow employee, and taking my complaint to management resulted in retaliation. When the store closes customers are allowed to keep shopping as long as they want, all in the name of a sale, so a closing shift that's supposed to end at 9 pm could (and often did) go as late as 11 pm or midnight. Preferential scheduling is given to management favorites. The stress of this job and the overall environment made me physically ill, which was the reason I quit.

All of the stores are owned by smaller companies, sort of like franchises, so this review is specifically for the stores in Henrietta and Greece.

Advice to Management

Stop forcing employees to stay for hours after their shift is supposed to end. Deal with HR issues in a more professional manner.

"Keep Looking!"

Former Employee - Sales in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Akron, OH

I worked at Ashley Furniture Homestore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ashley furniture is well-known in marketplace, and offered at affordable price point.

Cons

Most managers are not promoted from within, or do not have any floor sales experience. They have no idea what it takes to be successful, and do not realize that appreciation and respect for your salespeople, who do a great job, is priceless! It is a revolving door atmosphere, with very little support, and below average commission based pay structure. There is not much integrity between salespeople either, they are only out for themselves. Ongoing training is minimal at best, not much effort is put forth to help you succeed. If you value honesty, integrity, and loyalty, this is not the company for you. Keep looking!!

Advice to Management

Really listen to your employees, don't just give them lip service, truly care how they feel. Keep an open door policy, deal with problems in a timely manner. Treat people fairly, don't just use them, and pay employees what they are worth. People do not like to feel taken advantage of, or feel that they are taking on extra responsibility, hours, and work, with no monetary compensation. Be a leader that everyone can look up to and respect. Trust and transparency is key to success, yours, and the company. What does a revolving door really cost you and the company?? If you take care of people they will reciprocate in effort and loyalty.