Ashley Furniture Homestore - YOU get what YOU put into this job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ashley Furniture Homestore

"YOU get what YOU put into this job."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Mesquite, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Mesquite, TX

I have been working at Ashley Furniture Homestore full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Uncapped/Limitless Earnings Opportunity
No Micromanagement
You can feel comfortable to be yourself with your co-workers and customers
Management is fairly accommodating to days off and requested time off.

Cons

Long hours/Retail hours - Holidays, weekends, and special events require mandatory attendance.
Managers are a hit or miss some better than others.

Advice to Management

Train your branch and assistant managers - not just how to do daily tasks but emphasize on motivating team members.
Quit insisting that employees CANNOT take off on certain times of the year as sales staff know they should be there during high traffic times in order to make the big money. We have family and there are some family gathering we would like to attend without being required to "call in" basically.

Other Employee Reviews for Ashley Furniture Homestore

1. "The new owners, DSG, are in a growth phase for the company so the small business culture isn't there anymore"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Ashley Furniture Homestore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

you get to develop as a sales person. the actual sales team (as in the sales associates were AMAZING AND FUN TO WORK WITH). Tori is the most fun.

Cons

pay sux, they kept cutting it every month. management sux, if you don't sale the protection plan, you will hate your life. and finally the hours are the worst hours on the planet. retail in general is bad but opening early and staying all day, staying till midnight for certain sales and finally the FREE advertising that the company makes the associates do to drive business was the icing on the cake for me to move forward with my career.

Advice to Management

offer your associates a base salary and don't penalize them if they don't hit it. I never had a problem hitting my numbers so i don't want to seem like a disgruntled ex employee, but it would cut down a lot of the drama and the frustration associated with the sales team and the turnover would drop dramatically. the words COMMISSION ONLY is enough to have all of the quality sales people in the world overlook that job completly

2. "Be fair across the board!"

Pros

In the office there is a great home life and work life balance.

Cons

Sometimes your asked and expected to perform tasks outside your pay grade because some people don't perform their job specific duties and they get put off on others.

Advice to Management

Hold management accountable for doing their required jobs.