Ashley Furniture - Regional Transportation Manager | Glassdoor
  1. "Regional Transportation Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Transportation Manager in Arcadia, WI

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Down to earth owners Job Security Excellent Pay Top of the line benefits Great work environment Excellent Work Equipment Nationwide Community Support

Cons

Work- Life balance: We have a relentless approach when it comes to work ethic and GSD. I understand this is what it takes to remain competitive and continue to make our brand stronger, I am fully onboard with this strategic approach. I think we need to find a way to attack our problem with home time. On average I work between 60-68 Hrs. per week, it would be an improvement to see this reduced to 50-55 Hrs. per week.

Advice to Management

We need to understand what our teams are doing each week, the barriers they face and how we can help them exceed goals. As leaders your team is a reflection of how well you manage them. It's not about how many hours you work each week, it's about what you are able to accomplish each week and if those items are value added to the organization.

Ashley Furniture2018-11-06
  1. "Good First Job"

Current Contractor - Consultant, Technical Architect

I have been working at Ashley Furniture

Pros

Innovative Company that is constantly looking to improve.

Cons

Job requires much travel

Ashley Furniture2020-01-16

"Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Information Technology

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've moved from warehouse, to manufacturing, to IT with no formal training or related educational back ground. Very Challenging , Never once have I felt bored. I feel the company really tries to present a small company feel despite being a 5 billion dollar company. I feel Ashley tries to reward success. It's easy to move laterally or up depending on your desire, effort and engagement.

Cons

I feel pay is consistently behind the national average for most areas, but competitive for the region. Some managers are great, others not so much

Advice to Management

Be wary of managers that don't have the respect of their subordinates and direct reports . Those who over commit with deadlines and deliverable s without consulting with leads and system architects to determine scope of effort and realistic dates. Make sure honesty and integrity is upheld at the highest levels from Sr Vice Presidents to Managers . Make sure Managers do the work they are supposed to do and don't delegate to reports and take credit for the work. Don't give title and responsibility without compensation. This seems to happen a lot when managers leave and the leads take on the the responsibility of managers.

Ashley Furniture2020-01-10

Discover more reviews about Ashley Furniture.