Ashley Furniture - Ashley Leadership Institute | Glassdoor
  1. "Ashley Leadership Institute"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, WI

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is ample opportunity for a driven individual with a good attitude to advance within the company. Ample learning opportunity daily with excellent challenges for someone looking to increase their problem solving skills. And excellent opportunity to collaborate and learn from some of the most intelligent individuals in the industries of manufacturing, distribution, warehousing, and finance.

Cons

Very busy environment and lean operations. There are many meetings, that do not allow for much time for execution. Difficult to maintain a work life balance. In the past, there has not been a concentration on succession planning, but efforts to concentrate more on this now.

Advice to Management

Allot more time for learning and training.

Ashley Furniture2018-11-15
  1. "Good First Job"

Current Contractor - Consultant, Technical Architect

I have been working at Ashley Furniture

Pros

Innovative Company that is constantly looking to improve.

Cons

Job requires much travel

Ashley Furniture2020-01-16

"Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Information Technology

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've moved from warehouse, to manufacturing, to IT with no formal training or related educational back ground. Very Challenging , Never once have I felt bored. I feel the company really tries to present a small company feel despite being a 5 billion dollar company. I feel Ashley tries to reward success. It's easy to move laterally or up depending on your desire, effort and engagement.

Cons

I feel pay is consistently behind the national average for most areas, but competitive for the region. Some managers are great, others not so much

Advice to Management

Be wary of managers that don't have the respect of their subordinates and direct reports . Those who over commit with deadlines and deliverable s without consulting with leads and system architects to determine scope of effort and realistic dates. Make sure honesty and integrity is upheld at the highest levels from Sr Vice Presidents to Managers . Make sure Managers do the work they are supposed to do and don't delegate to reports and take credit for the work. Don't give title and responsibility without compensation. This seems to happen a lot when managers leave and the leads take on the the responsibility of managers.

Ashley Furniture2020-01-10

Discover more reviews about Ashley Furniture.