Ashley Furniture - Untruths Recruiting statements | Glassdoor
  1. "Untruths Recruiting statements"

Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Arcadia, WI

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay and benefits are decent

Cons

Supervisor and upper management would rather have a negative post on glassdoor then to sit a resolve negative issues. In fact, they told me to go ahead and post on glassdoor. When recruited 2 years ago, was offer eligible to work from home after one year. Also was offered in interview and 6 months after employment. Now that it is after my one year, not eligible for work at home. Company policy changed but they have employees working from home. Feel like I was lied to again. We are to have weekly meetings which are canceled most of the time. If they have one, it is scheduled on my day off. Not properly trained on new processes that are implemented. Even the supervisor are not 100% sure on how things work. They will tell you that you can volunteer for overtime. But because no one wants to work, they make it mandatory which I understand. When you work their 5 hours mandatory overtime, then they tack on 9 hours more. When they are questioned that I have already did 5 so is that included in the 9, they say no. It has to be beween Thursday and Sunday. This is the second time I have worked at Ashley. There is no work, life balance. They will allow other employees "privileges" but when one brings this up, policies change. Other employees that took FMLA was.abke.to take this and work from home. But now that I am on FMLA to take care of my husband, who is to be having surgery. I cannot but 3 other employees before in in the last year could. If there is weather that we are not able to make it into work, Ashley allows to work from home. Customers are rude. Only place I know that can argue with customers then swear on the site. When they ask for a supervisor, certain supervisors will refuse to speak to them. During training, they tell you, you are the new eyes to Ashkey and ask why. Supervision tells you that you no longer work at your last job. I worked online customer service for 7.5 years before applying to Ashley. They actually trained you to be a customer service representatives. Now regretting. Ashley let me go in 2/2009, due to the poor economy, but was hiring in 5/2009. I moved on. Waiting for the day that Ashley does it again. Again looking for a different job. Really too many thing to list. I used to be opened minded. Keeping my suggestions to myself. Let them figure it out.

Advice to Management

Keep your hiring statements true to what your recruiters tell. Learn how to train proper customer service not only your difficult systems. Be more streamlined, not all over the place. More consistent, not just that Todd changed I his mind.

Ashley Furniture2019-10-24
  1. "Good First Job"

Current Contractor - Consultant, Technical Architect

I have been working at Ashley Furniture

Pros

Innovative Company that is constantly looking to improve.

Cons

Job requires much travel

Ashley Furniture2020-01-16

"Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Information Technology

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've moved from warehouse, to manufacturing, to IT with no formal training or related educational back ground. Very Challenging , Never once have I felt bored. I feel the company really tries to present a small company feel despite being a 5 billion dollar company. I feel Ashley tries to reward success. It's easy to move laterally or up depending on your desire, effort and engagement.

Cons

I feel pay is consistently behind the national average for most areas, but competitive for the region. Some managers are great, others not so much

Advice to Management

Be wary of managers that don't have the respect of their subordinates and direct reports . Those who over commit with deadlines and deliverable s without consulting with leads and system architects to determine scope of effort and realistic dates. Make sure honesty and integrity is upheld at the highest levels from Sr Vice Presidents to Managers . Make sure Managers do the work they are supposed to do and don't delegate to reports and take credit for the work. Don't give title and responsibility without compensation. This seems to happen a lot when managers leave and the leads take on the the responsibility of managers.

Ashley Furniture2020-01-10

Discover more reviews about Ashley Furniture.